Thank you 🙂
About away user state and other states (online, offline, dnd...)
away - when user is online but no activity for an X amount of time.
busy - set by user
invisible - set by user
Currently, it seems that the 'away' state is not auto-enabled when user has no activity for a certain amount of time :
- If it is really the case, wouldn't be greater like this ? (in fact, I need this functionality but don't see it working... Found no code about this in nodebb source code).
- If it is not the case, what is the time amount for status change to 'away' ? Can it be changed ?
@administrators : Add on... Would it be possible to have the following operating mode for statuses (more realtime, with socket.io, like smart messaging apps) ? When a user is previously logged in nodebb :
- If he makes actions on nodebb (open a page, posting, typing, scrolling...) and if he is not in 'dnd' or 'invisible' or already 'online' mode, auto-set him in 'online' status and update status on all connected clients (update widgets etc...).
- If he doesn't do anything for a while and if he is not in 'dnd' or 'invisible' or already 'away' mode, auto-set him in 'away' status and update status on all connected clients.
- If socket connexion is lost, auto-set him in 'offline' status and update status on all connected clients.
- If socket connexion is reconnected, auto-set him in its previous status and update it on all connected clients.
In short, knowing in a more realtime status of the users would be a big plus for nodebb. I know it can be ressources consuming but there may be a trick with socket.io (?).
Another thing : online-cutoff time seems too restrictive for me. If a user is inactive more than this time, he should go into 'away' state but he could always receive notifications because he is not offline. There could be a different time to cut notifications...
(sorry for this long post ! Hope I'm clear ; I'm french... )