[nodebb-plugin-bbcode-to-markdown] phpBB2 BBCode

• Ok, worked as expected, which is great. However a slight caveat I've had to tackle and should've included in my example is phpbb adds a quote before & after the username.

I've had to remove those in phpmyadmin. Will flush the db and try again. (Unless Redis has some magic find/replace tool that I don't know about.)

• Admin

Just updated to 0.0.5, my version of phpBB doesn't use quotes, so I added a conditional search so it works for both with or without quotes

• Hi !

I've tried this on my forum but it seems to work only for the quote ^^"

Do you have an idea why ?

see here : http://abm-community.co/topic/17/test#103

• Admin

hmm, this is specifically built for converting phpBB's bbcode for exporters. So if you typed in [b]bold[/b] in phpBB, it actually converts it to look something like [b:32940324]bold[/b32940324] (something like that). This is the pattern I'm looking for in this plugin. You might have better luck trying my other plugin (vbcode-to-markdown) 🙂

• @psychobunny said:

hmm, this is specifically built for converting phpBB's bbcode for exporters. So if you typed in [b]bold[/b] in phpBB, it actually converts it to look something like [b:32940324]bold[/b32940324] (something like that). This is the pattern I'm looking for in this plugin. You might have better luck trying my other plugin (vbcode-to-markdown) 🙂

it will transform bbcode to markdown if a user make a post with bbcode ?

• Admin

Use this one instead 🙂

• @psychobunny said:

Use this one instead 🙂

it doesn't seem to work really well too. I may try to make a plugin

• Admin

OK 🙂 Let me know how it goes, I can lend you a hand. These plugins were for migrating phpBB/vB to NodeBB - not for actually using bbcode in practice.

Of some interest, look at this plugin for an example on how to add buttons to the composer 🙂

• @psychobunny said:

OK 🙂 Let me know how it goes, I can lend you a hand. These plugins were for migrating phpBB/vB to NodeBB - not for actually using bbcode in practice.

Of some interest, look at this plugin for an example on how to add buttons to the composer 🙂

Ok, thx.

The members ask me to make it easier to use smileys too. Something like a smiley "picker" (like phpbb forums) you can open when writing your post

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Does this support being able to center or otherwise align things things as well? Like [center] or [right]?

Edit: after looking at the git, it apparently doesn't. Can that support be put in at a future date?

Suggested Topics

| |