nodebb-plugin-mention fix allowing Redactor to send notifications to mentioned groups

• Hi Devs,

EDIT: THE BELOW ISSUE WAS RESOLVED -> SEE MY 3rd POST.

I found a weird problem:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Post a new topic and mention a group.
    2. Create a callback and wait for action:notification.pushed
    3. Print the uids.

The first callback will send a message to all followers.
    There used to be a second callback sending the same to the groups. I don't see that anymore.

My code is synced to master as of today's AM.

Any idea?
    JJ.

• Looks like the issue stems from the Mention plugin.
    Mentions.notify returns early since the regex was not successful identifying a match. See below failed code.
    @julian and @baris this might be a bug.

Mentions.notify = function(data) {
    	var postData = data.post;
    	var cleanedContent = Mentions.clean(postData.content, true, true, true);
    	var matches = cleanedContent.match(rawRegex);

if (!matches) {
    		return;
    	}

• Hi @julian and @baris,

Took some time to review the plugin code and twitter's @Mention code. Originally I thought the issue was due to non-unicode regex, but it turns out your search string was perfect.

I should have mentioned that I am using nodebb-plugin-composer-redactor (and yeah, I am dying to replace it with nodebb-plugin-composer-quill once the plugin is completed 🙂 - its almost showtime: see: https://community.nodebb.org/topic/12856/nodebb-plugin-composer-quill-wysiwyg-alternative-to-redactor).

Well, it turns out that redactor inserts html tags into the post content, and while the mention plugin was 99.9999(+Ɛ)% redactor proof, it was missing a tiny piece of code that gets rid of the tags.

To that end, kindly consider the following very minor changes to the mention plugin:

1. In package.json add the lib:
    "striptags": "^3.1.1"

1. In library.js add striptags:

Line 20:

var striptags = require('striptags');

Line: 80:

var cleanedContent = Mentions.clean(striptags(postData.content, [], '\n'), true, true, true);

That's it. Once done, Redactor will work with Mentions and RTL languages will be supported as a bonus.

You may want to close the below issue in github once said changes are committed: https://github.com/julianlam/nodebb-plugin-mentions/issues/60

I got to learn Regex today and went to sleep dreaming of solving the mysteries of the universe with unicode search strings.

Have fun 😉
    JJ.

• For anyone ending in this thread - this issue was fixed by @julian in version 2.5.

Suggested Topics

| |