I realize this is an old topic, but given that I'm dealing with exactly the same problem, I figured it would be sensible to reply here. Essentially, I've followed the advice of @pichalite and created a simple IIS forward proxy for my NodeBB server. Unfortunately this solution does not yield the desired result, as many requests for resources are not being made to the correct directory - instead, requests are being made to the root level of the IIS Web server (e.g., GET http//website.ca/stylesheet.css?4210ebb0-9225-4237-b2ad-87d88b61756b), and not to the specified port where NodeBB is being hosted (e.g., http://website.ca:4567 or http://localhost:4567).
Any ideas? I've played around with reverse proxies and outbound rules to route all outgoing traffic from http://localhost:4567 to the same URL I've specified for the proxy rule (e.g., http//website.ca/associates-hub) to no avail... If more info or screenshots are needed, they can be provided. I've been banging my head against the wall trying to cycle through all possible solutions to this problem. Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated.
this should work for you, you should've mentioned you are using plesk on the server early on
since it completely changes how apache2/nginx configuration works
I'm having some troubles getting NodeBB up-and-running on Heroku. I've followed the official documentation and I seem to have followed every step correctly. I am however having troubles with the very last step unfortunately and I was hoping someone might be able to help me!
Step 13: Initialise a single dyno: heroku ps:scale web=1
Here's what happens in Terminal:
MacBook-Pro% heroku ps:scale web=1
Scaling dynos... !
▸ Couldn't find that formation.
I've searched around the net already and some have mentioned it may be an issue with having an extension on the Procfile. I have checked this and there is no extension.
I'm so close but yet so far! Has anyone encountered this issue before?! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I found some information within stackoverflow. That I am going to attempt. StackOverFlow says this: The post is located here:
It looks like a R10 Error Boot Timeout. The error occurs due to the application unable to reach an external resource, like a database.
I would double check your DB connection because this error is likely due to an improperly configured database connection.
Did you provision a database connection using Heroku's Add-on's? If not, you will have to provision a database to fix the error. mLab is a free option but there are many others. I'll try to walk you through an example of how to do this.
Navigate to your Heroku app's dashboard. Click on Resources. In the add-on search box, type in the database service you'd like to provision. If you choose mLab, it will take you to the mLab GUI. Your URI connection string is at the top of the screen. (You want to choose the one labeled "Driver". ) Click on the 'add a user' tab at the center-bottom part of the screen. Add a username and password. Save. After that, copy the URI connection string above, then navigate back to your dashboard. Click on Settings, reveal config vars. Now paste the URI connection string in the text box, then add in your newly created user credentials to replace the <username> and <password> fields. Copy the config variable MONGODB_URI. Next, on your command line, set or export the MONGODB_URI environment variable. Finally, in your application, navigate to where you start your server, then replace the connection to your local host's database with the MONGODB_URI e.g. process.env.MONGODB_URI. Next, Add, commit, push to master then to Heroku. The R10 error should be gone. If it's not, see the links below.
EDIT: This didn't seem to work.