Help merging a MyBB Forum into NodeBB

• I have a MyBB Forum Database which I'd like to merge the users, posts, and topics into NodeBB. I looked into one plugin that said it'd do this but it didn't work. It had an API Error as shown below and I'm a loss of how to get my old members and posts imported. Even though it was never really a huge forum it'd be nice to merge our previous users content into the forums. The previous site was powered by MyBB 1.8.12.
    0_1505961655000_Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 10.40.34 PM.png

• If this was my system and I saw that error, I would disable all the plugins on the original system and try again.

Otherwise, I have no idea sorry 🙄

Duke

• It's not an issue with plugins, the API for the importer says files are missing.

• 0_1506012307580_Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 12.43.38 PM.png
    With the importer and mybb specific importer already installed I get those errors in the browser console when I try to import. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugins so I'm not sure where to go from here.

• The 500 error indicates it can't access a file or something. In Apache that can be an htaccess issue for that file.

I'd wager with the 500 error, the import won't work.

• It's kinda sad that I can't import old content / users. The site is running behind Nginx so apache issues aren't really a thing. All requests are proxied to NodeBB so I'm assuming the importer just doesn't work. Anyone wanna help me import topics and posts manually?

Suggested Topics

| |