Anyone used VPG.AG vps instead of Digital Ocean?

• I have a fairly popular blog on Engineering for Indian students. And as everybody knows, The hosting companies in India is just a laughing stock. They lie like the feku PM.

While I search for Digital Ocean, the vps.ag ad came on top. Out of curiostiy, I checked their offers and found it low and easy going on my budget.

I need you guys's input on this.

• GNU/Linux

@educator never heard of them until now. If you have educational ties there might be other options, if you search Google for GitHub student pack there's a bundle of free stuff you can use

• Yeah, They uses LXC Container. How good is that for a such an app like NodeBB?,and what are the difference between LXC and KVM, OpenVZ etc?

As my objective is a full fledged site, and I am not student. Therefor, It would be difficilt to use the Github programme

• GNU/Linux

LXC refers to the technology that enables programs to work in containers like Docker. I haven't tried it, but there are dockerized versions of NodeBB that are supposed to be easy to deploy. Because it's still kind of a new technology for deployment YMMV.

Traditionally NodeBB is deployed as a process running on a VPS (which is commonly a VM dedicated to you (aka KVM)) since it already has all the daemonization logic built in. So, this is the best tested and most common method of deployment. You can get a VPS from providers like Digital Ocean, AWS, Azure, etc.

Even if you don't have access to educator resources, there are typically ways to get free server time

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.