Any news on this?
Posts made by San1ty
Instead of the current Upvote - Downvote mechanic, I suggest having multiple "reactions" to a topic, for example:
All Users: Like, Dislike, Genius, Funny, Off-Topic, ...
Moderators/Admin: Promote/Stamp of Approval
- Every user can toggle any of the reactions available to him/her.
- The post would then show how many of each reaction it has.
- If a post has too many dislike / off-topic it can slowly be faded out.
RE: UX: Post editor design
Thanks for the reply, I wasn't aware of how the task-bar worked, that's pretty neat! I would however change the way it looks, it isn't styled like a task-bar if you know what I mean. When a users first sees the task-bar (my initial impression as well) was a big white box serving no purpose.
I would solve the Markdown notice with an (i) button that gives you some information about and how to use the editor (That it uses markdown, that you can upload with drag and dropping, etc...)
UX: Post editor design
There's a couple of things that don't seem to fit with the editor:
- The buttons (Bold, Italic, ...) don't feel like buttons.
- What's up with the huge white bar at the bottom? The color break with the transparent gray is kind of harsh.
- The text (Content is parsed with Markdown...) doesn't fit at all and is in the way of a smooth UI.
- It's unclear that the New Topic button at the bottom right minimizes the editor (probably shouldn't be located at the bottom right)
- When you are writing a reply and click on reply to another post, your content you were writing is immediately removed without a way back. The user should be prompted if they really want to clear their editor.