@yariplus No problem, looking forward to adding more features in the future.
Posts made by eshohet
RE: [nodebb-plugin-user-invitations] Allow users to invite new users!
CPU based pool mining
I'm contemplating whether or not to create a plugin that allows users to opt-in to using their CPU to mine while they browse the forum. This would allow the user to earn money basically doing nothing but keeping your forum open. It would also (hopefully) keep users more active and coming back more often.
Thoughts on this?
I'm maintaining & improving the elastic search feature here. It's currently not production ready so I haven't published it.
Is anyone interested in collaborating? I don't know their querying language too well, but on my local machine it searches posts a bit better than other search provider plugins.
I'm also thinking of a feature to auto tag threads and to show more threads like the one you're currently looking at.
RE: Simple gamification plugin
- The level is shown, we don't use points. One could show XP but it'd just be some random number like 482.
- Level is a function of posts, reputation, and thread count. There are no points.
- No max level, and yes they should be. This is a basic plugin that needs work / help.
- No notifications currently.
- My work is based off this plugin, but I am not too familiar with it. I think it has more features than mine, but I wanted to practice making plugins.
- Good idea, I was thinking of adding them to groups automatically, but I am open to suggestions.
- Can you expand on how this would work in detail?
- Let me give it some more thought.
- I'm thinking of adding a random XP reward every few levels. What do you think about that?
- We don't currently have awards but I'll look into this.
Simple gamification plugin
Shows a progress bar and a level:
Example when live:
Let me know what you think and if you have feature requests.
Automatically create account during login attempt if no user is found
I've noticed a few users click login, attempt to login, fail, and then leave.
We should increase our conversions by automatically opening accounts with the details provided (and prompting users to enter details like their email/username or w/e is missing).
How can we implement this functionality?
RE: New features for nodebb-plugin-reactions
@elliot the existing nodebb-plugin-reactions version 0.0.3 works with the latest NodeBB afaik. It requires nodebb-plugin-emoji v2.
Have you considered sending a pull request to the original repo for the notifications etc?
I'll have to look into v2.
I haven't, wanted to clean things up properly before submitting a PR. This is my first time modifying a plugin, so feedback on the code would be ideal - I don't want to break things.
New features for nodebb-plugin-reactions
I really like the concept of being able to react to a person's post, so I've decided to maintain plugin since it recently broke.
You can find my repo here:
I added emoji.json to the repo, since it was not able to find it otherwise. I realize this is incorrect and would appreciate help fixing it.
I also added notifications so that when someone reacts to your post, you'll get a notification about it.
RE: Ability to warn users
I am interested! But we have to first understand the exact business use case or user story of why we want this or how we want this to be worked
The use case is to ensure that posts don't violate the rules of the community.
How it should work:
- User posts
- User receives warning as a PM
- Post is deleted automatically and a copy of it is sent via PM, or a link is sent via PM to the user so that they know what they're being warned for.