Need Help!

NodeBB Development

Suggested Topics

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts

Hey all,
    I'm helping someone set up a new community for a not for profit and they'll need some custom functionality to hit their goals.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to use a plugin etc to add in html/css if a post or reply has a specific tag.

Short version is: People will be discussing different things and the org wants to allow certain conversations but to auto add in a disclaimer/change the post format a little for specific post tags.

IE: If the post has the tag: "marvel" on it, it'd show a div/text at the bottom of the post/reply saying "This person loves marvel".

New to NodeBB, not entirely new to everything else. 🙂

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts

@youhosi Thanks for the reminder!

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views

@PitaJ I have created a specific topic. Is there a working example of helper implementation ? I have see nothing on GitHub and other modules/themes.

• 0 Votes
    31 Posts
    13k Views

Now that I think about it the widget might not be that difficult, it will just make a call to get the widget data and display it along with some code to let users vote and a link to the actual topic where the poll is located. So most of the code that is already in the plugin can be utilized for the widget. The widget would need a pollId setting in the ACP>widgets to let you display a poll.

• Help pulling user info

NodeBB Development
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views

@julian
    Got it with this

socket.emit('admin.groups.get', gid, function(err, groupObj) { });

Works like a charm.