How can I make lavender use full browser width on desktop again?

• Is there an option somewhere in the admin panel to set width from fixed to fluid? I cant seem to be able to find it. I am using lavender.

• If you move your mouse over bottom right there appear a funky button. A very obscure feature indeed.

• If you move your mouse over bottom right there appear a funky button. A very obscure feature indeed.

@Baerrus wow, I had no idea that existed in the client. Thanks. But that will only switch it for each user.

I look at the lavender code, it stores the state for "fixed" in a local storage variable:

var fixed = localStorage.getItem('fixed') || 0

Then later calls resize(fixed); to resize the screen accordingly. So I guess the default state is full screen, but I have to test it to be sure.

I must have hit that full screen button by accident and confused myself. It is indeed a bit obscure, but should hopefully be easy to change that behaviour.

• Yep, I got tripped up by this myself. Would be good to move this into top right some sort of place where one expects to find settings/config/ etc

• Global Moderator

@arasbm said:

If you move your mouse over bottom right there appear a funky button. A very obscure feature indeed.

@Baerrus wow, I had no idea that existed in the client. Thanks. But that will only switch it for each user.

I look at the lavender code, it stores the state for "fixed" in a local storage variable:

var fixed = localStorage.getItem('fixed') || 0

Then later calls resize(fixed); to resize the screen accordingly. So I guess the default state is full screen, but I have to test it to be sure.

I must have hit that full screen button by accident and confused myself. It is indeed a bit obscure, but should hopefully be easy to change that behaviour.

I created a new one up near the search, don't see why it couldn't go there:

Untitled.png

• It is a bit different from the navigation features that are on top, because it actually changes the layout of the site.

There is already pagination customization feature in the use profile. I think that is perhaps a better place for it.

Having a shortcut like that on the home page seem pretty nifty, but right now it is very hard to discover. If we group a few features in the widget on the bottom right and made it a bit more discoverable, that could also work well.

But I would recommend against putting anything like that in the nav bar on top.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.