NodeBB wont start after upgrade

• After an upgrade to the latest stable version i am unable to get NodeBB to run.

error: Cannot set property 'renameTopic' of undefined
    TypeError: Cannot set property 'renameTopic' of undefined
    at Object.TopicBadges.init (/home/bitbangers/public_html/NodeBB/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-topic-badges/library.js:11:37)
    at /home/bitbangers/public_html/NodeBB/src/plugins.js:347:23
    at /home/bitbangers/public_html/NodeBB/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:111:13
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at _each (/home/bitbangers/public_html/NodeBB/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:32:24)
    at Object.async.each (/home/bitbangers/public_html/NodeBB/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:110:9)
    at Object.Plugins.fireHook (/home/bitbangers/public_html/NodeBB/src/plugins.js:345:12)
    at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/home/bitbangers/public_html/NodeBB/src/routes/index.js:132:12)
    at EventEmitter.g (events.js:180:16)
    at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:117:20)
    info: [app] Shutdown (SIGTERM/SIGINT) Initialised.

./nodebb reset seems to hang too.

• @Scuzz

Tried
    ./nodebb reset plugins ?

• @a_5mith I didnt know i could add other options to the command.

Seems a pain to reset the plugins after every upgrade... 😞

Thanks, it has worked but now i have to find out what plugin is causing the issues...

• @Scuzz

That's how you're supposed to use reset, works with themes, plugins and settings (I believe, could be others too)

From the code you've posted.

at Object.TopicBadges.init (/home/bitbangers/public_html/NodeBB/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-topic-badges/library.js:11:37)

it's the badges plugin that caused your issue, not sure why mind, paging @psychobunny as it should work with 0.4.x

• @a_5mith

lmao i should read the stack trace before i go off on one 😛 No badges for me!
    I'll blame the weekend for my lack of concentration!

• @Scuzz Weekends are when I work best, if you could believe that.😆

• @Scuzz You can also rename the folder of the plugins in node_modules (in your case nodebb-plugin-topic-badges to nodebb-plugin-topic-badgeslol). Try again to start nodebb, than go on the plugin page, desactivate the plugin and rename the plugin folder to the original name (nodebb-plugin-topic-badgeslol to nodebb-plugin-topic-badges).

Suggested Topics

| |