Need help with chat notifications, template

• Hello,

I have forked theme-material and i try to figure out how I should make my chat notifications show up when there is a new message.

The notification is not showing up if I am not on the forum, when I close the browser (send a message while it is closed from another user) and visit my forum I can not see that there is a new message, it is only visible in the dropdown menu as highlighted, but the count is not visible.

889af58f-087c-4928-8e42-c25249c0c94e.png

When i am on the forum and somebody sends a message than everything works as it should, I can see the "{unreadCount.chat}"

if i change the line to be like in the persona theme

https://github.com/NodeBB/nodebb-theme-persona/blob/77962c81bab538f6cd82c98451019da0c7a6d391/templates/partials/menu.tpl#L52

then it also shows up when the number of not seen messages is 0, the count is always visible

if i replace that line with this one

<i component="chat/icon" class="fa fa-comment-o fa-fw" data-content="0"></i>

then the notification wont show up

Could somebody point me out what the right way is to change this line?

This is how I would like to see the notification when I visit my forum
    Screenshot_2019-03-11 NodeBB.png

• GNU/Linux

I'm not sure if Material theme keeps the variables equal to the Persona theme, but you need this class on your CSS to not show up any number when your data-content is 0 or null/empty:

.unread-count[data-content]:not([data-content=""]):not([data-content="0"]):after {
    	content: attr(data-content);
    }

And your line now should be:

<i component="chat/icon" class="fa fa-comment-o fa-fw unread-count" data-content="{unreadCount.chat}"></i>

• @jtsimoes said in Need help with chat notifications, template:

will check the class, thank you I let you know

• Thank you very much, it worked, I had to modify the class .unread-count:after what I already had defined and to add the .unread-count as you have suggested

Suggested Topics

| |