@xuchenhao ah ok. Well, I'm sorry you had to do that.
I want to install both Ghost cms and Nodebb on one VPS RAM512, is it okay?
Thanks for responding to me.
I doubt you would be able to run both. It depends greatly on how many users you have, but 512 MB would barely be enough for NodeBB. Why not use DigitalOcean? Their 1 GB plan is probably enough for both, but you'd be better off with 2 GB. If you use my referral link it will get you $20 worth of credit: https://m.do.co/c/3a45a3f20cb5
but Discourse and Nodebb are better source code so you?
Maybe you mean a comparison. I can give my personal view:
- Both are excellent, and the two best known next-generation forum applications.
- Discourse is a Ruby on Rails app, while NodeBB is a Node.js app.
- Discourse has more bells and whistles, while NodeBB is a bit simpler and more lightweight but with all the necessary features and more without being heavy on the servers.
- Discourse needs more server resources, while NodeBB is faster and more performant with less resources needed.
- In my humble opinion, Discourse's famous leader is very interesting and brilliant but very opinionated and can say repeatedly no to some user's frequent requests (e.g. over two category levels, pagination, etc.), while NodeBB's people are also very talented but more flexible trying to give options to the users.
At the end of the day, both applications are really good and innovative, probably the best options for communities today.