Crap, I hade som ssl issues but now they should be solved. Almost everything fixed but the mail with SMTP ssl 🙂
Member Points/Reputation trading system
I run my site for 2.5 years, and the user's number was increasing gradually. However, I feel something still needs to be done.
For example, in my site, after the user registered, they would post a thread to ask some mathematical problem. Most of the time I will answer it. Then the user just leave. This end up with a kind of personal site: they ask questions, then I reply. This is my site's situation. But what I really want is a forum: they ask questions, then they reply. Two main reasons of such situation might be that
- they dont know the answer.
- they dont want to answer.
A member points/Reputation trade system might be a good solution, as least to handle the item 2. In this system, you can
- gain member points/Reputation by posting;
- gain member points/Reputation by online time;
- get paid member points/Reputation by answering other's thread;
- pay member points/Reputation to others who answer your questions, the more you paid, the more comprehensive answer you can get;
- get honor pedal once your points/Reputation reach to certain level;
- have other rights once your points/Reputation reach to certain level;
In face, it looks like the
reputationsystem in the nodebb. To achieve this, one possible way is
- either to improve the
reputationsystem comprehensively. Right now it only increases +1 by upvoting, decreases -1 by downvoting. In this plugin, it adds another way by posting.
- or to build another member points/Reputation system in the nodebb
I believe such member points/Reputation trade system would boost the user's impulse to interact more with other users. What do you think?
Thanks for effort of nodebb team!
You might want to look at some of the plugins listed in this topic to see if any do what you want.