I run my site for 2.5 years, and the user's number was increasing gradually. However, I feel something still needs to be done.
For example, in my site, after the user registered, they would post a thread to ask some mathematical problem. Most of the time I will answer it. Then the user just leave. This end up with a kind of personal site: they ask questions, then I reply. This is my site's situation. But what I really want is a forum: they ask questions, then they reply. Two main reasons of such situation might be that
- they dont know the answer.
- they dont want to answer.
A member points/Reputation trade system might be a good solution, as least to handle the item 2. In this system, you can
- gain member points/Reputation by posting;
- gain member points/Reputation by online time;
- get paid member points/Reputation by answering other's thread;
- pay member points/Reputation to others who answer your questions, the more you paid, the more comprehensive answer you can get;
- get honor pedal once your points/Reputation reach to certain level;
- have other rights once your points/Reputation reach to certain level;
In face, it looks like the
reputation system in the nodebb. To achieve this, one possible way is
- either to improve the
reputation system comprehensively. Right now it only increases +1 by upvoting, decreases -1 by downvoting. In this plugin, it adds another way by posting.
- or to build another member points/Reputation system in the nodebb
I believe such member points/Reputation trade system would boost the user's impulse to interact more with other users. What do you think?
Thanks for effort of nodebb team!