Is there a way to force or redirect to https inside the NodeBB software? I can see how it is done using the likes of NGINX but I am using an Amazon Load Balancer to handle reverse proxy but it doesn't have this feature.
Thanks in advance
@tango Interesting question
Need few information so that i can answer your Q !
- Are you using EC2 instance(s) for hosting NodeBB ?
- For managing nodebb process , what service are you using ?
- Are you using any application server ?
- For DNS are you using any amazon service ?
- Load balancer settings/configuration architecture ?
Are you using EC2 instance(s) for hosting NodeBB ?
For managing nodebb process , what service are you using ?
Are you using any application server ?
For DNS are you using any amazon service ?
Load balancer settings/configuration architecture ?
Thanks for your message
- Not sure what you mean be service.
- DNS has a cname record, to the load balancer URL, the load balancer just points to a single instance of EC2.
I'm just playing with this awesom software at the moment & have a single instance with MongoDB & NodeBB on the same server. I like AWS load balancer over say NGINX for monitoring, auto scaling & alert features. Cloud formation won't work as it doesn't support sockets yet.
Amazon Load Balancer
Lift your nodebb app with PM2 and serve it on 443 if possible btw on 80 it's possible , no other way to reverse proxing without application server.
If you hosted everything on single EC2 instance then i personally recommend you to use Nginx along with PM2 and if you opt this option we have better answers.
@hariom-vashisth Thank you