We (SeH and I) are looking to use NodeBB as a base for an interactive data viewer that combines Netention (created by SeH http://geekery.biz), ClimateViewer 3D ( created by me http://climateviewer.com/3D/) and Ushahidi (https://climateviewer.com/report/). THIS IS AN AMAZINGLY AMBITIOUS TASK, which will have huge implications for NodeBB.
What's in it?
- Leaflet 2D: http://leafletjs.com/
- CesiumJS 3D: http://cesiumjs.org/
- D3: http://d3js.org/
- Timeline JS: http://timeline.knightlab.com/
What is needed:
- Geolocation tags (click location on a popup map, add to BB post)
- Time tag ( adjust time stamp of post, past or future. Example live USGS feed of earthquakes on a map, converted to BB posts. Ability to adjust map timeslider)
- Metadata categories (youtube video url, image url, google doc, fusion tables, rss links)
- Create plugin to place nodeBB posts on a Leaflet based 2D map, with feeds and categories of posts.
- Next step: do the exact same thing with Cesium JS (webGL 3D globe) and create a 2D/3D toggle function, posts look identical in both views.
- Final step: add additional view options for posts: timeline, trend chart, bubble map, output to PDF, etc.
Anyone willing to help with our project would be greatly appreciated.