Some cool PC's here.
Mine is like 5 years old now and due an upgrade.
Excellent thanks chaps.
I've just pulled down the latest code base and all seems to be working again.
@baris I'm sorry I don't understand.
Those two particular categories, not a lot.
But the rest of the site is fairly active, but the page says no recent replies to all.
Users of the forum are discussing how there seem to be a few bugs in the latest version of the forum software.
First of all, all sections describe how there have been no new posts.
Secondly, users are seeing the "Move Topic" pop up when visiting pages. Perhaps this is admin/moderator functionality and should be transparent to users.
I'll probably look to rollback the changes on my server. If there is anything you'll want to help diagnose this bug then let me know.
I noticed in https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/pull/3899 that the issue of CORS was discussed.
What was the outcome of this.
I am creating an extension to my nodebb forum, and I am creating a separate website to run alongside my forum.
When in production, the forum will reside along the same hostname, and same port, hidden behind an Nginx proxy.
For development however this isn't the case, and I am presented a CORS error.
I saw talks of creating a whitelist of CORS enabled servers.
How do I go about configuring my nodebb server to send the CORS header.
@pichalite Thank you for the response.
That was most peculiar, but I reset the config.json to be how it was and it stopped having this error.
Besides I still think it's best to check data.config, before extracting data.config.loggedin anyway.
I upgraded my version of both Node.Js and NodeBB to 6.9 and 1.4.2 respectively.
I encountered a variety of problems that I needed to get my head around.
The forum is SSL only, and load balanced using NGINX.
This file here was accessing
When data.config was undefined. So obviously NPE and crashed.
if(properties && data.config)
To mitigate this problem.
Once this had been sorted, I then was able to reach my forum, but none of the pages would load.
After looking at this I noticed NodeBB was serving up pages from / then appending the config.json url then the path.
Obviously this led to:
This didn't exist and thus NPE crash.
So hackily I've set my URL to
So now resources look like they are being referenced, albeit hackily
Is this a bug, or is this something I have set up incorrectly.
I've posted this here so that others can find it if they need to.
@Calum122 Nevermind, I simply did not have it configured correctly