@schamper I love you schamper for your awesome work on all the plugins.
NodeBB fans who use FreeBSD or OpenBSD
RE: NodeBB v1.6.1 Release
ut I don't see a solid argument for a mobile app. Creating and mainta
Hi H7 thanks for your comments.
The reason I think we need app are below:
- Users need to access forums with 1 click on their phones, it is great that node bb is already 100% responsive but Reddit also has an app still i guess? So does Quora. I really think Node bb can beat Quora which is also a kind of forum one day.
- The use of camera, microphone access will allow users to talk to each other let's say make voice calls or video calls, which will be like Skype and it will turn into an awesome community.
- Or may be Node bb simple releases some update or add html meta tags in header where if a user comes from mobile browser, it should give a popup on android and Ios to add this website to their home screen. Atleast this will allow users to have the forum available in 1 tap.
That's all what I think....
PS: Also, I think we should have pagination on the popular page so that we can see older popular topics too... on this page ..
RE: NodeBB 1.6.0: faster (rendering) and prettier (emails)
Amazing work with the update guys! I love node bb. I am just going to vote for you in the awards.
Keep up the great work and continue the development. hats off!
RE: [nodebb-plugin-shoutbox] Shoutbox plugin
@Schamper Lovely plugin! We are hoping shoutbox allows following:
- Ability to upload pics, songs, videos, from laptop/device and share in shoutbox and play as in html5?
- Support for shoutbox in latest node bb version 1.6 update and on wards ?
- A character limit on the number of characters while shouting, this will be to prevent spammers from posting very large messages.
- A feature to ignore users/ block users but this should be a global feature i guess.
you guys rock!
RE: NodeBB v1.6.1 Release
Based on my current usage of node bb I have following suggestions for you for your next update. It would be awesome if you guys can take these under consideration.
- The list option in post editor does not really work like a numbered list, I can't just hit enter and have a new number and new item.
- Instead i have to manually put a * to make it a new point.
- Can we please allow picture sharing & videos sharing/uploading in the private chat? With a small upload button, so that users can upload pics/gifs/videos from their laptop/device and upload and send it to other users in private chat. Trust me its a simple thing but very useful. Quora does it.
- Can we have a new page on node bb , in a reddit style way, show lists of topics with upvotes sorted by descending order ?
- Can we please have support for emos in private chat and shout box? I tried the plugins but they dont seem to work.
- Can we have a personal picture section or user profile gallery just like Facebook albums, where users can upload their pics and others can like/upvote or comment on them? This will make huge difference,
- A page like Quora news feed where we can see list of topics from all the users or categories which we are following. This will keep users engaged on the platform.
- A block feature for users where we can block users so that we dont see their posts, messages etc. ?
- Are we going to have a Node bb mobile app ever?
I know you guys are very busy! But I highly appreciate your consideration on these requests in the next update :)
PS: I did voted for you for the CMS Critic awards. :)