Second try at Install still not success

• Hi,

I'm trying to install on ubuntu I went through the install guide, but am having issues connecting to the mongodb. I've issued this command:

> db.createUser( { user: "nodebb", pwd: "<Enter in a secure password>", roles: [ "readWrite" ] } )

However there is no success when attempting to connect.

I type:

mongo -u user -p password

and it will not authenticate

I've also tried starting the

node app --setup

& it fails to authenticate.

After creating a nginx vhost, and creating a symbolic link to the directory /var/www/nodebb, chown: to webuser, this is the error in nginx logs

/var/www/nodebb/" failed (13: Permission denied)

So it seems this is related to the lack of database connection. I have parsed the conf files of mongodb & nodebb but nothing is popping out.

Any clues?

I noticed with the webinstaller it defaults to creation of database (0), I kept this default. Was I supposed to replace this with anything else? When I run the node app --setup it shows the same (0) default, so I didn't think that was an issue.

Here is the output from that command

This looks like a new installation, so you'll have to answer a few questions about your environment before we can proceed.
    Press enter to accept the default setting (shown in brackets).
    URL used to access this NodeBB (
    Please enter a NodeBB secret (ec0fa747-0fa5-4e83-acf3-d1e470a0122a)
    Which database to use (mongo)
    2/4 13:11 [7771] - info: Now configuring mongo database:
    Host IP or address of your MongoDB instance (
    Host port of your MongoDB instance (27017)
    MongoDB username (webeindustry)
    Password of your MongoDB database
    Which database to use (0)
    Configuration Saved OK
    2/4 13:12 [7771] - error: NodeBB could not connect to your Mongo database. Mongo returned the following error: auth failed
    2/4 13:12 [7771] - warn: NodeBB Setup Aborted.
    MongoError: auth failed
    at Function.MongoError.create (/root/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/error.js:31:11)
    at commandCallback (/root/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/topologies/server.js:1136:66)
    at Callbacks.emit (/root/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/topologies/server.js:116:3)
    at null.messageHandler (/root/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/topologies/server.js:291:23)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (/root/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/connection.js:285:22)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:153:18)
    at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:111:10)
    at TCP.onread (net.js:531:20)

Okay it was my goof, I replaced the (0) with "mongo" it's now success in process of creating admin user.

I'm still getting the 404 error, the root directory ~/nodebb is the webroot, or is this not correct?

So it resolves when using the 4567 port, I must setup a reverse proxy to push this through 80? Something must be amiss.

Apparently that is standard behavior for nodebb, so I added the reverse proxy.

All issues resolved.

• @webeindustry which version of ubuntu? did you install mongodb?

sudo apt-get install -y mongodb-org

• xenial beta 2

Yes, I installed mongodb. I've got it all sorted. Thanks for replying.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.