nodebb-plugin-category-sections - ACP still broken

• @pichalite, my test board seems to crash when this plugin is activated now.

Issues I noticed:

• Making the change in your PR to the plugin.json allowed the use of the buttons in the ACP
    • Trying to add more than one category and hitting save resulted in content a message reading "ERR" being shown
    • After disabling the plugin and re-enabling it, the board crashes as soon as it is activated.

As soon as I try to open category sections from within the ACP

17/3 16:27 [14512] - verbose: [plugins] Loading templates (nodebb-plugin-category-sections)
    17/3 16:27 [14512] - verbose: [meta/templates] Compiling templates
    17/3 16:27 [14512] - verbose: [meta/templates] Successfully compiled templates.
    17/3 16:27 [14512] - error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token o
        at Object.parse (native)
        at Command.callback (/root/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-category-sections/library.js:71:53)
        at RedisClient.return_reply (/root/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:664:25)
        at JavascriptReplyParser.reply_parser.send_reply (/root/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:332:14)
        at JavascriptReplyParser.run (/root/nodebb/node_modules/redis/lib/parsers/javascript.js:132:18)
        at JavascriptReplyParser.execute (/root/nodebb/node_modules/redis/lib/parsers/javascript.js:107:10)
        at Socket.<anonymous> (/root/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:131:27)
        at Socket.emit (events.js:95:17)
        at Socket.<anonymous> (_stream_readable.js:764:14)
        at Socket.emit (events.js:92:17)
    SyntaxError: Unexpected token o
        at Object.parse (native)
        at Command.callback (/root/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-category-sections/library.js:71:53)
        at RedisClient.return_reply (/root/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:664:25)
        at JavascriptReplyParser.reply_parser.send_reply (/root/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:332:14)
        at JavascriptReplyParser.run (/root/nodebb/node_modules/redis/lib/parsers/javascript.js:132:18)
        at JavascriptReplyParser.execute (/root/nodebb/node_modules/redis/lib/parsers/javascript.js:107:10)
        at Socket.<anonymous> (/root/nodebb/node_modules/redis/index.js:131:27)
        at Socket.emit (events.js:95:17)
        at Socket.<anonymous> (_stream_readable.js:764:14)
        at Socket.emit (events.js:92:17)

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@ThingBreaker may be there is some error if using Redis as DB. I have no problems running it using Mongo.

Will try to spin a new instance using Redis and see if it works.

• @pichalite, I'd be curious to hear your results. I haven't worked with mongo previously though it seems to be the new standard for NodeBB installations.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@ThingBreaker I am getting the same error if I use Redis. not sure what the fix is...

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@ThingBreaker I think I found a fix for this...

remove existing plugin settings from Redis (if any saved)

connect to redis using redis-cli and run DEL plugins:category-sections:sections to remove any saved settings

add the following code before this line https://github.com/NodeBB/nodebb-plugin-category-sections/blob/master/static/lib/admin/sections.js#L66

sections = JSON.stringify(sections);

restart NodeBB

• I have to say, I'm loving the active community here for NodeBB. Reminds me of when SMF was still pretty new. 👍

Would it help if I forked the repository, made the fix and asked for a pull into the master?

Not sure about the order of operations expected here in the community.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@Jason-Neal already sent the PR to the repository. no need to do it again.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@Jason-Neal @ThingBreaker new version of plugin published with compatibility for NodeBB v1.x.x and fix for settings save when using redis.

• @pichalite You're awesome man.

Very excited about nodebb and what it can do.

I look forward to becoming an active part of the community here. 👍

Kudos to @psychobunny for all of the AWESOME plugins he's developed here too! 💯

• Don't think starting a new topic is necessary for my question - is this only compatible with Lavender and if not is there a way of doing this with Persona?

• @Danny-McWilliams said:

is this only compatible with Lavender and if not is there a way of doing this with Persona?

seems to be compatible with persona, but I haven't tried it
    https://github.com/NodeBB/nodebb-plugin-category-sections/blob/master/library.js#L136

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@phit @Danny-McWilliams plugin used to support persona but recent changes to persona/templates.js made it incompatible.

Suggested Topics

| |