• Plugin & Theme Dev

@julian That's the current state, also using peerDependency. Was just a thought that auto-installing those dependencies would be more comfort 😉

• Global Moderator Plugin & Theme Dev

@frissdiegurke with npm@3, since node_modules is flattened, you can install things as normal deps and they should work as peer deps.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@PitaJ But only as long all version ranges match a single version, if they don't it communicates with a "silent" nested nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended which would probably cause much confusion and thus I don't want this 😉 The main problem is that NodeBB at some point breaks the distance to NPM by depending on the node_modules structure (of which I cannot come up with an alternative way of course). This makes it impossible to solve the issue with NPM only. It has to be either a peerDependency which will not install the package if it misses, but does not cause other possible trouble or a solution via NodeBB itself. Since NodeBB breaks the distance to NPM it should be responsible for that breakpoint. At least these are my thoughts of it.

A fixed dependency would also disrespect the nbbpm.compatibility of nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended which might cause even more trouble.
    I think as long NodeBB does not provide a better way, going with peerDependency and a notice within the plugins descriptions is the best I can do.

• Upon installing nodebb-plugin-emoji-apple I see in my log this error:

26/2 10:35 [10738] - error: [plugins/emoji] nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended is not installed. nodebb-plugin-emoji-apple depends on it.

I do have nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended installed. To make sure nothing was wrong with the base emoji-extended plugin i removed it and the newly installed emoji-apple plugin, reloaded NodeBB, and re-installed but still receive this warning message.

It seems that the plugin is working though but feel that I should report this as something maybe wrong that I haven't found yet.

Thank you.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@rod I assume you have any nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended less than 1.0.0 installed. I should precise that message o_O
    FYIL: to install any ^1.0.0 version you currently have to remove it from the package.json file 😉

And if this is the case it's not using the nodebb-plugin-emoji-apple at all 😛

• @frissdiegurke Ah yes, you are correct. emoji-apple is not working b/c I have 0.4.17 of emoji-extended.

Should I wait until NodeBB is 1.0.x to have a seamless installation of emoji-extended@^1.0.0?

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@rod If you're on master you can install it without any problems, just need to remove that listing within package.json (you'll have to git reset --hard before future git pull to avoid problems with git).
    If you're on another branch (e.g. 0.9.x) it's probably not working to its full potential. For example I think you'd have to update the composer too in order to get auto-completion...

• Here's an interesting bit of behavior 😛

• Upgraded to 0.9.4.
    • Removed dependency from package.json
    • NPM i nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended@latest
    • Installed nodebb-plugin-emoji-apple
    • Broken emojis
  • Plugin & Theme Dev

@ThingBreaker
    Are the emoji working within posts/previews? If not, check your config.json for the url property.
    I'm not sure why the translations of modal.title and modal.legal are not working, will take a look at that.

• @frissdiegurke It looks like the URL was malformed and after correcting it, emojis are back up and running.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@ThingBreaker And as to the translations it seems the defaultLang support of v0.9.x is failing.
    Since it's a minor 0.9.x issue and I'm supporting ^1.0.0 only, it's not gonna be fixed from my side. Maybe the @administrators want to merge the fix of defaultLang into 0.9.x, but I wouldn't bet on this 😉 . I guess it's something one can live with until next major NodeBB release.

• Does it work with proxied nodebb? I tried to use it but the images are called with url http://localhost:4567 😞

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@ngadmin Please check your config.json for the url property.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

just did a custom set using gifs instead of svg for my forum so i share it here

0_1459190404667_Screenshot_1.png

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@exodo great job 👍

A few things I noticed (just checked the code; not tested. Might be wrong at some point):

1. You did not replace/remove the mappings, so there are mappings like :-? that point to confused when there is no such image.
    2. You should change the content of public/static/styles/[email,main].css instead of the .less files since only the css files get read. There is no less parsing at runtime.
    3. "inet" is a pretty bad-to-search name o_O it would be great to have a link within the attribution if there is any 😉
    4. please put your own set ID here, this could cause some problems with cubicopp being installed in parallel otherwise.
    5. tiny typo

Since you've deactivated issues for that repo, I post the list here 😉

Feel free to tell me about any issues you came across so we might decrease the barrier of publishing new sets. I guess I should somewhere provide a copy of cubicopp without the necessity of grunt.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@frissdiegurke said:

@exodo great job 👍

A few things I noticed (just checked the code; not tested. Might be wrong at some point):

1. You did not replace/remove the mappings, so there are mappings like :-? that point to confused when there is no such image.
    2. You should change the content of public/static/styles/[email,main].css instead of the .less files since only the css files get read. There is no less parsing at runtime.
    3. "inet" is a pretty bad-to-search name o_O it would be great to have a link within the attribution if there is any 😉
    4. please put your own set ID here, this could cause some problems with cubicopp being installed in parallel otherwise.
    5. tiny typo

Feel free to tell me about any issues you came across so we might decrease the barrier of publishing new sets. I guess I should somewhere provide a copy of cubicopp without the necessity of grunt.

thanks i will check all that, it was a little tricky to remove all references from cubicopp but i have both working ok at same time

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@exodo said:

@frissdiegurke said:

1. please put your own set ID here, this could cause some problems with cubicopp being installed in parallel otherwise.

thanks i will check all that, it was a little tricky to remove all references from cubicopp but i have both working ok at same time

Strange o_O it shouldn't work in theory xD I save them in an object identified by their ID so one should overwrite the previous one and thus the overwritten one shouldn't be used during parse...

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@exodo

1. If I remember correctly you can avoid all those {"category": "aaexodo"} entries with a subdirectory named aaexodo; I should probably apply this for cubicopp as well xD
  • Plugin & Theme Dev

@frissdiegurke said in [nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended] Emoji Extended (reworked):

@exodo great job 👍

5. tiny typo

updated all this but i didnt understand point 2, cubicopp code has less files too

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@exodo said in [nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended] Emoji Extended (reworked):

@frissdiegurke said in [nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended] Emoji Extended (reworked):

@exodo great job 👍

5. tiny typo

updated all this but i didnt understand point 2, cubicopp code has less files too

Not within the published module, the less files get compiled into css files before publishing via grunt.

Suggested Topics

| |