The tag "v0.9.3" points to an unstable release of v0.9.3.
git clone https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB.git cd NodeBB git checkout v0.9.3
results in a commit hash da78e4f... one revision before this issue was fixed.
I had to
git reset --hard 6486197623f8f32ab354503ca40ab6e8e3e4551e
on a fresh checkout to get the same stable "v0.9.3" hash , I got on another machine by first checking out v0.9.2 and then upgrading to v0.9.3.
No issues with Mongo 3.2.1 with this "v0.9.3" revision.
git checkout v0.9.x will give you the latest stable release (instead of specifying v0.9.3)
Just resurrecting this for a current update. If I am moving from 0.9.x what version do people recommend? This is for a live forum i.e a production environment.
v1.x.x is the current stable branch.
Any idea when 1.1 will be ready?
I guess next version is 1.0.4
ok, good to know
It is 1.1.0.
@torn2 1.1.0 is after 1.0.3. There are no other versions in between.
Correct, the versioning is based on the changes within, and are not strictly sequential.
e.g. v1.0.3 -> v1.1.0
but this can also happen: v1.1.9 -> v1.1.10
That said, as of today, the latest stable version is v1.1.0
weee, scary! Who wants to go first
@Jenkler upgraded my instance.... no issues
Nice, I will update my dev setup first.
Coincidentally I made a fresh copy of my production forum to my DEV setup this morning and went off upgrading NodeBB. To my surprise I upgraded to
v1.1.0. I also grabbed the current
master of the nodebb-plugin-smoothshorts plugin from Github and had problems with it.
I've posted an issue with that developer on his Github issues page and am awaiting to hear back. For now my production stays at
v1.0.2 while I wait for the smoothshorts plugin issue to be looked at but I will be testing the rest of my plugins and setup on 1.1.0.
@torn2 those tags with
-auto in the name are just weekly snapshots of the master branch. They are not stable releases. There is no v1.0.4.
Almost everything updated now.... Wohoo ...
Well that was an awfully quiet release