Anyone ending here, the issue was observed by @baris and being discussed in this post:
Latest stable too soon?
A couple of questions from a newcomer:
So, I installed 0.9.1 and soon after my local installation told me that 0.9.2 was available, but when I upgraded to it, the list of plugins to install vanished.
That probably means that we should hold off upgrading until the plugins that we need/want is available for the new version?
And the only way to do that is to run an updated instance and check?
I wonder what happens when you upgrade a forum that has plugins not yet compatible with the new stable version?
Jacob Moen last edited by Jacob Moen
So, I guess that the way you would upgrade, and keep the plugins that you already have installed, is to do a clean install of whatever version you want to upgrade to and then wait until the plugins that you want appear in the list of plugins to install, right?
And by 'clean install' I mean a separate install, obviously - a plugin check installation ..
The plugins that I am referring to is the API (read and write) as the installation that I am planning is going to rely on those - for reply by email functionality.
Package manager needs some manual step to refresh the list... I haven't done so yet
That's what I thought - thanks
The packages list for 0.9.2 should be populated now.
It is Christmas already!