Hello everyone! I had problems with existing steam sso plugin so i've made this one. Maybe someone will find it usefull.
- When user login via Steam first time, he is forced to fill username and email to create new valid forum user (nodebb-plugin-sso-steam doesn't fill email and doesn't even check username to be valid / already taken, this leads to undefined behavior)
- User also able to link existing account with Steam and use both normal and Steam auth methods
- Avatars are uploaded to the forum server via default avatar mechanism (nodebb-plugin-sso-steam just set avatar link to steam cache, but those urls can changes)
- Correct support of registration type (no new users if 'disabled' or 'invite-only' mod chosen, but existing users still can link their account with Steam)
- Correct user removal process
- Correct 'Login with steam' button (according to TOS)
To install type
npm install nodebb-plugin-integration-steam
Note that 0.7.2+ required
If you user admin panel to install, check plugin version, it should be 1.2.0+
After installation go to Admin Panel -> Steam and configure plugin. Reload may be needed to apply changes
To report any issues use Github
I also plan to add more steam-related futures, but there is lack of plugin API's to make what i want.