[nodebb-plugin-bbcodes] BBCodes Plugin (v2.0)

  • Plugin & Theme Dev

    very cool update
    some things i got after a few tests on safari

    • enabling some styles like bold and italic and disable them will make to show them as enable afterwards eventually, a bit messy
    • i got locked and didn't allow me for new text line some times

  • @exodo said:

    very cool update
    some things i got after a few tests on safari

    • enabling some styles like bold and italic and disable them will make to show them as enable afterwards eventually, a bit messy
    • i got locked and didn't allow me for new text line some times

    Can you give me some steps to reproduce #2?

  • Plugin & Theme Dev

    @APXEOLOG said:

    @exodo said:

    very cool update
    some things i got after a few tests on safari

    • enabling some styles like bold and italic and disable them will make to show them as enable afterwards eventually, a bit messy
    • i got locked and didn't allow me for new text line some times

    Can you give me some steps to reproduce #2?

    tested it again
    write some words > press return > it will create new empty line but you will stay on first
    you can go down with down arrow but is strange behavior


  • There is a problem with composing new topics (I have attached a screenshot for reference)

    Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 12.20.32 AM.png


  • @exodo said:

    tested it again
    write some words > press return > it will create new empty line but you will stay on first
    you can go down with down arrow but is strange behavior

    Lol, i've spend a lot of time to track this, since it is OK on my local dev forum. Just turned sanitization on and everything become ok.


  • Is it correct that this plugin removes the ability to upload files and display files ?


  • @robert said:

    Is it correct that this plugin removes the ability to upload files and display files ?

    Mm i think you cannot upload files right now. What do you mean with 'display'?


  • With the inbuilt composer it's possible to upload a file and then reference it in markdown.

    I see that's not possible in BBCodes Plugin.

    One other problem I have encountered is that when I installed the latest version I did not get a BBCode button bar at the top of composer and was unable to submit posts.

    Edit: I have now been able to fix that problem and have recreated the steps that causes it.
    If you install the BBCodes plugin and deactivate the composer and markdown plugins there is no issue. If you uninstall the composer and markdown plugins then the BBCode plugin seems to have issues. Perhaps it's localised to my installation but maybe others have the issue.

  • Anime Lovers

    Looks like this plugin's development is pretty much dead...
    @APXEOLOG, would it be possible to make it usable again?

    Right now I'm in the middle of building a fairly big community system, and my users would largely appreciate being able to use BBCodes... I think it's the same for many other people out there.

    To be honest, I also think that NodeBB's success is partially dependent on this, as many users refuse to ease into it because of the lack of the tools they've used to know and love, such as the BBCodes themselves


  • @James-Game @APXEOLOG is there any installation of nodebb currently using this plugin? I'd like to see it working


  • @felipeolcav You can try it on our forum mtgm.ru

Suggested Topics

| |