@julian and If I want obtain the latest post's pid , for every "Lastest post" in every categories and sub categories, how can I do that? What is the hook that I have use?
[nodebb-plugin-shoutbox] Shoutbox plugin
0.1.0 published! Requires NodeBB 0.4.0.
Main new features:
- Complete redesign.
- User status is reflected by the green border around their avatar. This is stylable by theme creators.
- Inline editing! Instead of the annoying edit popup, editing is now done in the input box.
- Skype like editing of your last shout! Just press the up arrow to start editing your last shout!
- User settings -- you can change your Shoutbox settings in your user settings now!
- Admins can turn off features in the admincp (like archive and the gist button).
- Also the admincp, complete redesign! Screenshot can be found a few posts up.
- (Almost) completely refactored client code! It's a lot more maintainable now!
- A load of bugfixes and tweaks that enhance your experience!
- Compatible with the very latest NodeBB!
- It's possible that settings and stuff don't work correctly with redis yet. I'll be fixing this soon.
- Adding the timestamp back.
@julian Cheers, will take a look at that!
Great plugin! Anyway, I know that this plugin isn't confirmed to be compatible with 0.4.1, but I've found a bug.
When a non logged-in user browses the forum and then returns to the page where the shoutbox is located, it will display an empty page to the user.
Can confirm, happens at bitbangers too.
ffmad last edited by
@Schamper Hi ! Is it possible to restrain the access to the chatbox to a group of user ?
@ffmad Interesting request. I'd have to read up on how the new permissions system works (I'm totally not up to date). If one of the core devs reads this before I get around to doing that: is it actually possible?
ffmad last edited by
@Schamper An other thing, is it possible to show the time of the shouts ?
the members of my forum ask this ^^
@ffmad that's actually already an open issue
I'm currently pretty busy with uni, but will hopefully have time soon to work on this again.
So pretty much, Shoutbox is like a global chatbox?
I think you add it as a widget. So anywhere the widget can display you can display it. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to be global. Pretty much like a shoutbox on any other forum software, except its a lot easier to add where you want it.
@dylenbrivera It's a shoutbox, what's more to say?
I'm working on this again, fixed some bugs, added some new features. Expect a new and better version sometime soon (I've only just started refactoring the client side, so not THAT soon ;))
I can't figure out why the soutbox works on the homepage:
But somehow it doesn't on a category page:
@Scriptdude this was fixed very recently:
However, since I'm still working on refactoring everything, I haven't published a new version yet. If you're a daredevil you can clone the repo into the modules folder yourself
Eerste Nederlander die ik overigens tegenkom op NodeBB
I tried cloning the repo, but that breaks it entirely. Must be some conflict with another plugin. I noticed that shoutbox conflicts with emoji on my installation (NodeBB 0.4.3)
I'll disable it for now and will wait for your next release Keep up the good work!
@Scriptdude Conflicts how exactly? We have the emoji plugin installed and it's working fine for us.
Hey @Schamper , could you publish on npm if that's ok for you?
I'd like to put it in my global sidebar.
And to add a little idea, the emoji are parsed but the dropdown doesn't appear when typing. I don't know if something can be done about that.
@tedr56 That's because the emoji plugin doesn't currently allow me to add it's dropdown to any input
Continuing, I'll put some more work into this tonight, but I want to refactor some more before I publish to npm. For now you can clone the git repo.