[nodebb-plugin-shoutbox] Shoutbox plugin

• GNU/Linux Admin

@frissdiegurke What's the problem here, port shows up in the url? As far as I know, nconf.get('url') should not give the port unless use_port is true in config.json

• Plugin & Theme Dev

kk, in this case it's just a problem of @manuel s configuration 🙂
    I just used nconf.get('url') without knowing anything about nconf 😛

• @frissdiegurke

@scuzz have this too but I don't know if he is running nodebb @ 4567 voluntarily

I don't think to have any particular configuration on my server, I've just used the tutorial on github to setup the ngnix proxy

afaik port number is appended only on emoji's urls

• @frissdiegurke said:

@manuel It's because I use nconf.get('url') to get the domain (in fact this remains from @julian).
    I need any way to get the absolute path of NodeBB-root. I guess the nconf.get('url') is ment to avoid problems with sub-directories (that would appear if I use / instead).
    Since I cannot see any automatic way around this for all use-cases you may just replace emojiPath=nconf.get("url")+"/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended/images" by emojiPath="/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended/images" within your/nodebb/root/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended/index.js
    you'd need to redo this every time I update the plugin until this may get supported.
    Maybe a url-prefix field will occur within the ACP/emoji-extended next update 😉

removing nconf.get("url") worked but it was config.json use_port = true

during setup and watching online documentation this effect on urls was not clear to me, sorry

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Like @julian said it's better to set "use_port" within your nodbb-root/config.json to false, that will remove the port from the paths without destroying possibility to update plugin or installation within sub-directories (don't know if it's even fully supported by nodebb yet) 😉

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Been a while since an update... Luckily a lot has been done since, and version 0.1.0 will be released soon!
    The most notable change? A new design!
    I'm still getting away with this
    This is a screenshot of the latest version running over at our forum
    Some other notable changes:

• User status is reflected by the green border around their avatar. This is stylable by theme creators.
    • Inline editing! Instead of the annoying edit popup, editing is now done in the input box.
    • Skype like editing of your last shout! Just press the up arrow to start editing your last shout!
    • User settings -- you can change your Shoutbox settings in your user settings now!
    • Admins can turn off features in the admincp (like archive and the gist button).
    • Also the admincp, complete redesign! Screenshot can be found a few posts up.
    • (Almost) completely refactored client code! It's a lot more maintainable now!
    • A load of bugfixes and tweaks that enhance your experience!
    • Compatible with the very latest NodeBB!

Also, if you haven't noticed yet: I now go by a different username 🙂

• Plugin & Theme Dev Anime Lovers GNU/Linux

@Schamper Looks amazing! Nice work. Is this possible to be on a standalone page or modal?
    This reminds me of like some sort of group chat.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@trevor It's already on a standalone page! There's a setting in the admincp that will add a menu link for it, and clicking the title of the shoutbox panel will bring you to /shoutbox.
    It's also defined as a widget, so you can place it in any widget area you have in your theme 🙂

• Admin

Awesome, love the skype-like editing feature. Wonder if that could work on the chat system as well

Also, if you haven't noticed yet: I now go by a different username

haha yeah, need the backstory there (ex. nobody wanted to hire a "MrWaffle" - well imagine my username then!)

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@psychobunny said:

Awesome, love the skype-like editing feature. Wonder if that could work on the chat system as well

Also, if you haven't noticed yet: I now go by a different username

haha yeah, need the backstory there (ex. nobody wanted to hire a "MrWaffle" - well imagine my username then!)

Nothing interesting, Schamper has always been my more personal username. Was recently told that Github is fairly important in job interviews so I went ahead and changed it to a more professional username 🙂 While I was at it I changed it over at this forum and BitBangers.

• GNU/Linux Admin

Was recently told that Github is fairly important in job interviews

Yes... I firmly believe this is why nobody will ever poach @psychobunny from NodeBB. 😄 dat username.

• You'll always be my Mr_Waffle ❤

• Admin

@julian said:

Yes... I firmly believe this is why nobody will ever poach @psychobunny from NodeBB. 😄 dat username.

yeah. my last job interview:

"So, do you have a GitHub account?"

"err... nope."

• any chances to be updated for nodebb 0.4.0?

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@manuel said:

any chances to be updated for nodebb 0.4.0?

Current master branch on Github is 0.4.0 compatible, I'll try to push an update to npm this weekend.

Here's a suggestion @schamper ; On the shout box the area should be greyed out if you're not logged in. Or should give off a friendly message indicating that you must be logged in to use the shout box.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@trevor this was the previous method, but instead of graying it out, the input area would be hidden. However I've chosen to completely hide the shoutbox when you're not logged in.

@trevor this was the previous method, but instead of graying it out, the input area would be hidden. However I've chosen to completely hide the shoutbox when you're not logged in.

@Schamper That works too, lol. 👍

• Plugin & Theme Dev

0.1.0 published! Requires NodeBB 0.4.0.

Main new features:

• Complete redesign.
    • User status is reflected by the green border around their avatar. This is stylable by theme creators.
    • Inline editing! Instead of the annoying edit popup, editing is now done in the input box.
    • Skype like editing of your last shout! Just press the up arrow to start editing your last shout!
    • User settings -- you can change your Shoutbox settings in your user settings now!
    • Admins can turn off features in the admincp (like archive and the gist button).
    • Also the admincp, complete redesign! Screenshot can be found a few posts up.
    • (Almost) completely refactored client code! It's a lot more maintainable now!
    • A load of bugfixes and tweaks that enhance your experience!
    • Compatible with the very latest NodeBB!

Todo:

• It's possible that settings and stuff don't work correctly with redis yet. I'll be fixing this soon.
    • Adding the timestamp back.
  • GNU/Linux Admin

@Schamper Take a look at how I save settings here

No need to use Settings.prepare anymore.

Suggested Topics

| | |

© 2014 – 2022 NodeBB, Inc. — Made in Canada.