[nodebb-plugin-shoutbox] Shoutbox plugin

• GNU/Linux Admin

^ 100th post 🍻

• i have an issue with images path for emoticons (i am running nodebb behind nginx )

paths generated by this plugin are like http://xxx.xxx.com:4567/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended/images/grinning.png
    to be correct the port 4567 should be removed

• @manuel I think you have the wrong plugin thread?

• @Scuzz this is happening only into the shoutbox

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@manuel Sure? what path do the other emotes have?

• i tried a git pull and restarted nodebb, now i have the problem everywhere, so it's the emoji plugin 🙂 sorry
    can some1 move my post to the correct topic please?

• @manuel I get the same link to an image no matter where the image is, shoutbox and the forums. They all have the port numbers. I am using nginx too

• @Scuzz said:

@manuel I get the same link to an image no matter where the image is, shoutbox and the forums. They all have the port numbers. I am using nginx too

i run nginx on public ip port 80 and it forwards to nodebb on 127.0.0.1:4567
    the only "fix" i could do is to add a listener on 4567 but i don't understand why the emoji plugin adds the port when nodebb does not for all the other urls

• @manuel probably for the people who do not run it behind a reverse proxy.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@manuel It's because I use nconf.get('url') to get the domain (in fact this remains from @julian).
    I need any way to get the absolute path of NodeBB-root. I guess the nconf.get('url') is ment to avoid problems with sub-directories (that would appear if I use / instead).
    Since I cannot see any automatic way around this for all use-cases you may just replace emojiPath=nconf.get("url")+"/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended/images" by emojiPath="/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended/images" within your/nodebb/root/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended/index.js
    you'd need to redo this every time I update the plugin until this may get supported.
    Maybe a url-prefix field will occur within the ACP/emoji-extended next update 😉

• GNU/Linux Admin

@frissdiegurke What's the problem here, port shows up in the url? As far as I know, nconf.get('url') should not give the port unless use_port is true in config.json

• Plugin & Theme Dev

kk, in this case it's just a problem of @manuel s configuration 🙂
    I just used nconf.get('url') without knowing anything about nconf 😛

• @frissdiegurke

@scuzz have this too but I don't know if he is running nodebb @ 4567 voluntarily

I don't think to have any particular configuration on my server, I've just used the tutorial on github to setup the ngnix proxy

afaik port number is appended only on emoji's urls

• @frissdiegurke said:

@manuel It's because I use nconf.get('url') to get the domain (in fact this remains from @julian).
    I need any way to get the absolute path of NodeBB-root. I guess the nconf.get('url') is ment to avoid problems with sub-directories (that would appear if I use / instead).
    Since I cannot see any automatic way around this for all use-cases you may just replace emojiPath=nconf.get("url")+"/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended/images" by emojiPath="/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended/images" within your/nodebb/root/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended/index.js
    you'd need to redo this every time I update the plugin until this may get supported.
    Maybe a url-prefix field will occur within the ACP/emoji-extended next update 😉

removing nconf.get("url") worked but it was config.json use_port = true

during setup and watching online documentation this effect on urls was not clear to me, sorry

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Like @julian said it's better to set "use_port" within your nodbb-root/config.json to false, that will remove the port from the paths without destroying possibility to update plugin or installation within sub-directories (don't know if it's even fully supported by nodebb yet) 😉

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Been a while since an update... Luckily a lot has been done since, and version 0.1.0 will be released soon!
    The most notable change? A new design!
    I'm still getting away with this
    This is a screenshot of the latest version running over at our forum
    Some other notable changes:

• User status is reflected by the green border around their avatar. This is stylable by theme creators.
    • Inline editing! Instead of the annoying edit popup, editing is now done in the input box.
    • Skype like editing of your last shout! Just press the up arrow to start editing your last shout!
    • User settings -- you can change your Shoutbox settings in your user settings now!
    • Admins can turn off features in the admincp (like archive and the gist button).
    • Also the admincp, complete redesign! Screenshot can be found a few posts up.
    • (Almost) completely refactored client code! It's a lot more maintainable now!
    • A load of bugfixes and tweaks that enhance your experience!
    • Compatible with the very latest NodeBB!

Also, if you haven't noticed yet: I now go by a different username 🙂

• Plugin & Theme Dev Anime Lovers GNU/Linux

@Schamper Looks amazing! Nice work. Is this possible to be on a standalone page or modal?
    This reminds me of like some sort of group chat.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@trevor It's already on a standalone page! There's a setting in the admincp that will add a menu link for it, and clicking the title of the shoutbox panel will bring you to /shoutbox.
    It's also defined as a widget, so you can place it in any widget area you have in your theme 🙂

• Admin

Awesome, love the skype-like editing feature. Wonder if that could work on the chat system as well

Also, if you haven't noticed yet: I now go by a different username

haha yeah, need the backstory there (ex. nobody wanted to hire a "MrWaffle" - well imagine my username then!)

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@psychobunny said:

Awesome, love the skype-like editing feature. Wonder if that could work on the chat system as well

Also, if you haven't noticed yet: I now go by a different username

haha yeah, need the backstory there (ex. nobody wanted to hire a "MrWaffle" - well imagine my username then!)

Nothing interesting, Schamper has always been my more personal username. Was recently told that Github is fairly important in job interviews so I went ahead and changed it to a more professional username 🙂 While I was at it I changed it over at this forum and BitBangers.

Suggested Topics

| |