Hello, here is a several improvements:
- ACP: improve UX, visualize parent-child relationship (for example lists with small margin-left)
- ACP: improve UX, disable/enable in place, parent relationship is still important
- Core: introduce category/section meaning for Categories. It's ok for forums, categorize several categories under one. (Let's use term read-only category)
- Template: use read-only category to render better caregory listings. Example:
- If read-only category does not have parent (main page), you can render sections
- if read-only category has parent (inner pages), you can render sub-forums, without even entering category to see them.
Motivation: better user-experience, smart categories
@julian @psychobunny @baris are you happy with current proposition?
- If yes, could you give some timeline for these changes, because I could contribute to core.
- If no, I will create plugin, because I don't enjoy current categories implementation