Hiding sensitive data in post

• Hey everyone,

My question is very specific: is it possible to hide sensitive data when composing/editing a post? I have a NodeBB forum where people may post some private information, but the content of the post itself is relevant to other users, so I don't want to hide it completely: only certain information, which will be shown only for administrators.

Example: to integrate some SDK, a user requires an ID, but this user is having issues with the integration. Then he creates a post with his logs, asks for help and those logs contain his ID and other stuff. While the user can hide his own ID, I want that ID to not be shown at all for regular users/guests, but show normally for administrators, since we can track his bug easier with his ID. That's more or less the use case.

Do you guys know if there's a plugin or markdown command that does this?

• Admin

Not off the top of my head, as this is a very specific use case...

But brainstorming...

• You'd want to create a plugin that acts on the filter:parse.post hook, and removes private information (of your choosing) based on whether the user is an admin or not.

Suggested Topics

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.