[nodebb-plugin-newsletter] Send e-mail newsletters to your users.

• Community Rep

Can I get some people to try this out on 0.9.3 stable?

I've had a few people tell me it isn't working, but I can't reproduce the problem and I'm not getting any errors on any of my installs.

The problem seems to be the client script isn't loading on the admin page.

• GNU/Linux Admin

@yariplus said:

The problem seems to be the client script isn't loading on the admin page.

That would only occur on master (as of the writing of this post), as it is a v1.0.0 breaking change. v0.9.3 should be fine.

Fixed here yariplus/nodebb-plugin-newsletter#4

• Community Rep

@julian Thanks.

I was aware of the breaking change for v1.0.0, but I'm concerned about the v0.9.x tagged branch.

No one has reported console errors, but for some people the script just doesn't load. Any idea?

• @yariplus I installed this on my v0.9.3. No errors during the installation and it seems to work fine. I sent an email "newsletter" to my administrators group. I have the nodebb-plugin-emailer-local-bobo plugin installed.

• Community Rep

@rod Awesome! Thank you much.

• @yariplus Hi thanks for this plugin! I am having an issue with only sending broken images when I upload something. Can you advise me on how to fix? Thanks

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@MassivelyIndie what do you have for url in config.json?

• GNU/Linux Admin

• This post is deleted!

• @pichalite said:

@MassivelyIndie what do you have for url in config.json?

Yes sorry was just in a rush and wasn't sure if @yariplus would answer back so I created a new post in case another community member knew. They did reply, but still looking for a fix.

Could it be a problem with the Imgbed plugin?

To be honest I'm not sure how to answer your question @pichalite as I'm not familiar with the config.json lol Can you advise me on how to find it your answer?

Thanks

• pichalite asked for config.json file generated during NodeBB initial setup. IP/domain and port.

If you have an error in config.json file it'll break images.

• @nhl.pl said:

pichalite asked for config.json file generated during NodeBB initial setup. IP/domain and port.

If you have an error in config.json file it'll break images.

@nhl-pl Thanks for the response. I'll get our admin to look into it as I don't want to break anything lol.

• Has anyone tested this on master lately? Emails aren't rendering a preview or sending from my test forum.

• Community Rep

Updated to v0.5.0

• Fixed compatibility with NodeBB v1.0.0
    • Added an option to use raw HTML in your newsletter instead of parsing as a post.
    • Fixed relative paths for uploaded images and files.
    • No longer requires Markdown.
    • No longer loads composer add-ons, only basic buttons.
  • Community Rep

Updated to v0.6.0

• Fixed some more issues when using relative urls.
    • Removed dependency on the default composer.
    • Changed the ACP newsletter form to be HTML only.
      • Preview now displays in a modal, for a better idea of what it will look like when sent.
    • Admins can now send a newsletter when making a new topic.
      • Parses the newsletter as a post.
      • Shows a preview in a modal just like in the ACP.

alt text
  • Community Rep

Updated v0.6.2

Fixed sending a newletter from a new topic in latest nbb.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Would be great to have a feature where an admin can select several user groups.

• nodebb 1.50 and newsletter 0.6.4 - i can select only 2 user groups - Administrators and Everyone. I can not send to custom user groups anymore.

Tried it in both new topic and newsletter in admin panel.

Does anyone else have same problem? Any suggestions?

thank you!

• Community Rep

v0.7 Changelog!

• Fixed nbb v1.5.x compatibility
    • Now uses tinyMCE
    • Can select multiple groups to send to at once.
    • Can override subscription settings.
    • Can use an e-mail blacklist.

• Hello, hoping someone can help here!

I'm having an issue with this plugin saying users are banned. I've set up the in built Gmail service and test emails/digest/registration emails etc are all working wonderfully.

I have the newsletter plugin installed (and I reinstalled it to see if this helped, it didn't) and every time I try to send a newsletter I get a message saying successfully sent, but no email arrives. Looking at the logs, I'm getting the following:

13/10 09:07:37 [7395] - info: [Newsletter] UID 2 is attempting to send a newsletter.
    13/10 09:07:37 [7395] - info: [Newsletter] Sending newsletter to groups: "everyone"
    13/10 09:07:37 [7395] - warn: [Newsletter] UID 1 has invalid user data, skipping...
    13/10 09:07:37 [7395] - info: [Newsletter] UID 2 is banned, skipping...
    13/10 09:07:37 [7395] - info: [Newsletter] UID 3 is banned, skipping...
    13/10 09:07:37 [7395] - info: [Newsletter] UID 4 is banned, skipping...
    13/10 09:07:37 [7395] - info: [Newsletter] Successfully sent newsletter to 0 user(s)!

UID1 is the admin account I think, which does not have an email address associated with it. UID2 is my account, also with adminstrator privileges, and I am definitely not banned...

Has anyone run into this problem before? I have tried using every single email plugin with the same results, although given that the other email functions are working and its saying sent to 0 users, i suspect its some other issue rather than email authorization. Appreciate any help!

Cheers,
    Craig

Suggested Topics

| | |

© 2014 – 2022 NodeBB, Inc. — Made in Canada.