• GNU/Linux

    @Nicolas hello,

    Any chance this points system could be easily modified to make a ratings like system that calculates total points from ratings on posts.

    Say have your typical 5 stars. 1-5 points at the bottom left side in the avatar bar or lower right , lower left bar, which allows the reader to rate the users posts. They click on which ever star, it fills the star with color and sends the average result from users clicks through to some sort of rating calculator for an addition of the total points (star ratings). Round up the decimal if it has one etc

    Could it have some sort of page that shows total points of all users?

    Possible ?

    5-Star-Rating.png

    not this size obviously , but think this image tells what I talkin bout'

  • Plugin & Theme Dev

    @Codejet Seems not.

    5-star system, It looks like separate plugin, because Points, It's a cumulative system, it doesn't store micro-actions, for what you have received latest 1 point (It's by design, to be fast and create less overhead on user's board). So single post calculations isn't possible.

    But, by having rating system for posts or users, you can evaluate star rating, and grant particular amount of points to the user. For example for 1 star - 1 point, for 5 stars - 15 points.

    Could it have some sort of page that shows total points of all users?

    There is page, you can reach it by this url: yourboard.com/points

  • GNU/Linux

    @Nicolas said:

    @Codejet Seems not.

    5-star system, It looks like separate plugin, because Points, It's a cumulative system, it doesn't store micro-actions, for what you have received latest 1 point (It's by design, to be fast and create less overhead on user's board). So single post calculations isn't possible.

    But, by having rating system for posts or users, you can evaluate star rating, and grant particular amount of points to the user. For example for 1 star - 1 point, for 5 stars - 15 points.

    Could it have some sort of page that shows total points of all users?

    There is page, you can reach it by this url: yourboard.com/points

    doh ! would be good if there was a way to do this. But if you say it slows everything down..

    it would be cumulative, just working out total points for 1 post would be calculated separately as the average rating of all the ratings users have left so far on that individual post. So would need to hold 2 values and maintain the total points amount somehow , would mean adding or subtracting to the users main total rating points. Would give overall rating based on how quality the poster is

    spewin maybe it will get made one day ! love the points plugin though keep up the good work !

  • GNU/Linux

    @Nicolas how would I omit a user from /points overview


  • @Nicolas When this plugin will be released? I installed it just now, but the configuration page in ACP shows 'Under Construction'


  • Nice, I may probably use it when I get to achievement task to award member's points. It just a matter to find the correct key values to increment point value. Why not? The more you play, the more points you get and achievement rewards gets more bonus point as well as level upgrading.


  • @Nicolas I am thinking you can combine the Points and Awards plugin, where we can set threshold/level of points will automatically get awards / badges of honor.

  • Plugin & Theme Dev

    @Codejet there is no option to omit /points overview page. Could you share more information why do you want to hide it from users?

    @gsvir It's released, just without settings. It works, and collects points. In future more features will be added.


  • @Nicolas said:

    @gsvir It's released, just without settings. It works, and collects points. In future more features will be added.

    hmmm, strange... because i installed the plugin and it only shows 'Under Construction' . Maybe i will just reset/ re-install the plugin.

  • GNU/Linux

    @Nicolas said:

    @Codejet there is no option to omit /points overview page. Could you share more information why do you want to hide it from users?

    @gsvir It's released, just without settings. It works, and collects points. In future more features will be added.

    I think you misunderstand my question, just want to omit 1 user from displaying in the overview page. Not entire overview page.

    Say if I had a certain RSS plugin running posting every hour using a certain username, he has way too many points right now. Have to ban him cos he's cheating a bit

  • Plugin & Theme Dev

    Oh, I see. Yep, It looks like an additional feature for points plugin.


  • "topic view" I could not. Could you explain in detail?

  • Plugin & Theme Dev

  • Plugin & Theme Dev

    Going to update for compatibility with 0.8.x.
    ❌ Ajaxify changes broke plugin.

  • Plugin & Theme Dev

    Version 2.0.0

    New version has been released, notable changes:

    • Compatibility with v0.8.x forum
    • Improved support for themes, you don't need inject templates anymore
    • Improved Overview page, now it shows as a grid with very basic animation

    New Overview Page look:

  • Plugin & Theme Dev

    Version 2.1.0

    New version has been released, notable changes:

    • New posts now will be populated with points
    • Updated all package dependencies
    • Points section will show exactly 20 top users

  • @Nicolas I submitted a commit to make it work with .9 however I still cannot get it to show points even after I used the change to the profile page.

  • Plugin & Theme Dev

    @Ryan-Oliver I'm waiting for this change, so you don't need to mess with template for the profile page:

    https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/issues/3838

    Also, as for me, It's very early to migrate to 0.9 😉

    NicolasSiver created this issue in NodeBB/NodeBB

    closed User Profile: metrics filter #3838


  • ok good to hear! I have the module loaded and is not giving any errors just no gamification yet 😄

  • Plugin & Theme Dev

    Version 3.0.0

    New version has been released.

    Changelog:

    • Compatibility with v0.9.x forum
    • Updated look for Overview page
    • Provided template for profile view, for easy include

    Sneak peek to Overview page:

    0_1448544563649_Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 8.28.05 AM.png

Suggested Topics

| |