• For anyone who may want to bypass the google cache, you can edit the index.js file and do the following. At line 228ish where it requests the feed, I edited it like so:

function getFeedByGoogle(feedUrl, callback) {
    var rsscurtime = new Date().getTime() / 1000;
    request('http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/services/feed/load?v=1.0&num=4&q=' + encodeURIComponent(feedUrl) + '?' + rsscurtime, function (err, response, body)

Essentially I just set rsscurtime to unix time, and tacked that on to the end of the URL set in the control panel. It works fine with my feed but of course YMMV.

• @a_5mith excellent!!!! The tag used by rss api for youtube is "link", and because I have the youtube lite plugin, I can get those videos from youtube with minor modifications to the rss plugin.

Maybe this can be a NFR for this plugin 😉

• @Normando I'm not sure what you mean. 😆 But you're welcome to create an issue on the plugin and I'll look into it.

• Sorry. NFR = New Feature Request

• After upgrading from 0.5.0 to 0.5.4, I have a weird issue where one RSS update will be posted repeatedly, almost every hour. It's almost like the underlying cron system doesn't realize that it's already pulled the RSS update.

Running nodebb-plugin-rss "0.1.23", NodeBB 0.5.4.

• I was updated nodeBB to latest master branch, and plugin, but not get new feeds, as it's stop cronjobs.

NodeBB commit:

$ git rev-parse HEAD
    2de108153f7eb4d3c62d9e1c8c68c7fb6dd104c3

Plugin version 0.2.3

• Also, when I create a new feed, I get the field Entries with a text inside. Also de User fields not work when I typing the name, and sometimes when I click Save button, deletes other feeds.

Here an image:
    upload-ba507ab2-a4d4-46c7-8f5e-e6f4ad42eb43

• Hi gang! After upgrading to v0.6.x, it appears that the RSS plugin is pulling in feeds and posting the identical feed multiple times. Any way to fix this? See below:

Screen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.45.53 AM.png

• NodeBB

Can you post the url of the rss feed and a screenshot of your rss plugin settings.

• Is this plugin compatible with 0.6?

• @baris Sorry for the late reply. Was on vacation without interwebs for a bit.

Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 12.10.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 12.10.35 PM.png

• hi @baris, i have the same problem with the RSS plugin publishing 4 times the same subject

have you seen this problem ?

• Would it be possible to post the first entry in the RSS feed as a topic and then post the rest of the entries as replies?

• GNU/Linux Admin

How would this look in RSS spec?

• @julian

Page: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28843883/append-image-file-to-form-data-cordova-angular
    RSS: http://stackoverflow.com/feeds/question/28843883

This RSS displays the first entry as the question that was asked and the rest of the entries are the answers that were posted.

• Any advice for a JS noob to customize this script to use the "category term" IDs in RSS as Topic Tags?

<category term="Dallas Cowboys"/>
    <category term="Dez Bryant"/>

Sample RSS with categories/tags

Also, the ability to post the first entry in the RSS feed as a topic and then post the rest of the entries as replies would be great to generate content on a new forum. It will help increase search engine traffic and eventually active members.

I'll gladly donate $$ to whomever can help contribute to these requests. Thanks guys!

• GNU/Linux

Jussst thought I would add this little snippet of code to the RSS plugin thread on this site. (so I can find it later)

On my RSS feed I like to include the source of where the link of the rss or 'where the rss feed article' came from (url). edit/change it how you like.

Add this extra line of code just after line 201 in index.js:

201:			content = toMarkdown(content);
    202:			content += '\nSource: ' + entry.link + '\n'; <----- this line

It will add a

Source: http://www.rss.com/this/is/the/rss/link/here/page/story

to the bottom of every rss feed so the user can click to go to the page posted by the 'nodebb-plugin-rss' Plugin

• GNU/Linux

Hey folks -- new here. Really liking NodeBB and this RSS plugin. I get an error when I add a Google News feed though. I've included that below. Any thoughts on how to go about fixing this? This is the feed I used:

I've created an issue in github: https://github.com/barisusakli/nodebb-plugin-rss/issues/9

11/7 15:13 [1307] - error: TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of null
        at ELEMENTS.replacement (/home/lififorums/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-rss/node_modules/to-markdown/src/to-markdown.js:75:70)
        at /home/lififorums/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-rss/node_modules/to-markdown/src/to-markdown.js:100:41
        at String.replace (native)
        at replaceEls (/home/lififorums/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-rss/node_modules/to-markdown/src/to-markdown.js:99:23)
        at toMarkdown (/home/lififorums/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-rss/node_modules/to-markdown/src/to-markdown.js:82:16)
        at /home/lififorums/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-rss/index.js:202:14
        at /home/lififorums/nodebb/src/database/mongo/sorted.js:325:4
        at handleCallback (/home/lififorums/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/utils.js:95:12)
        at /home/lififorums/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/collection.js:1064:5
        at handleCallback (/home/lififorums/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/utils.js:95:12)

• GNU/Linux

Pretty keen on this getting updated. My old way of adding link to content doesn't seem to wrk anymore 😞

Seems it randomly works and then doesn't again. It's acting a bit weird

Any chance of an update @baris

EDIT: got the rss's working again but my entry.link doesn't appear to work anymore ..hmm

• GNU/Linux

ok I fixed it , now upgraded and nothing works !

Suggested Topics

| |