Few Plugins Working After Update

  • Community Rep

    New version of the Solr plugin just released.... but it still doesn't work :( I was hopeful for a moment.

  • Community Rep

    Hmmm.... going back to DBSearch doesn't change the results. Same bad search output.


  • @scottalanmiller said:

    Same bad search output.

    Do you mean this?

    {tags.value}{tags.score}

    If so, npm install [email protected] if that doesn't work, try [email protected]

  • Community Rep

    Tested that and the extra "crud" on a search went away but DBSearch still returns naught.

  • Community Rep

    Updated Solr again (the second release today has come out) and switch over to it. The extra crud is gone there too and it says that it found a lot of results but the output remains blank there too. Progress, at least.


  • @scottalanmiller said:

    Updated Solr again (the second release today has come out) and switch over to it. The extra crud is gone there too and it says that it found a lot of results but the output remains blank there too. Progress, at least.

    Console on your site gives the following error:

    TypeError: e is undefined

    It seems that you've not fully completed the update process, as running npm up should have updated templates.js, if you run npm install within your NodeBB folder, it should go through the package.json and ensure everything is as it should be. You'll also notice that your groups icon in the header says groups.header, which means it can't find the global language file for groups.header. Then try reloading the forum. Should be good to go then.

  • NodeBB

    Your search seems to be working http://mangolassi.it/api/search/nodebb

    Maybe the theme is out of date? You can check its version with npm ls nodebb-theme-vanilla

    And install a version that is compatible with 0.6.0 or 0.6.x if you are on latest master.

  • Admin

    Give us a list of what plugins are not working for you as well as your git hash? You might have accidentally upgraded to a plugin version that is post 0.6 (ex. been ready to work with 0.7x dev)

    As others in this thread has mentioned, we are working on a system that will prevent you from installing the wrong version of a plugin on your NodeBB, the problem is obviously at your current version there's no guaranteeing that just yet. We are hoping we can get that all finalized by 0.7x


  • @baris said:

    Your search seems to be working http://mangolassi.it/api/search/nodebb

    My laptop screen makes a just audible high pitched whine when I load up the API pages. Just me? 😆

  • Global Moderator Plugin & Theme Dev

    This forum software in in active development (thus the 0.x.x versioning). You can't expect there to not be breaking changes with minor releases, especially in the current high-rate development.

  • Community Rep

    @a_5mith said:

    @scottalanmiller said:

    Updated Solr again (the second release today has come out) and switch over to it. The extra crud is gone there too and it says that it found a lot of results but the output remains blank there too. Progress, at least.

    Console on your site gives the following error:

    TypeError: e is undefined

    It seems that you've not fully completed the update process, as running npm up should have updated templates.js, if you run npm install within your NodeBB folder, it should go through the package.json and ensure everything is as it should be. You'll also notice that your groups icon in the header says groups.header, which means it can't find the global language file for groups.header. Then try reloading the forum. Should be good to go then.

    Did all that, it didn't help.

  • Community Rep

    @baris said:

    Your search seems to be working http://mangolassi.it/api/search/nodebb

    Maybe the theme is out of date? You can check its version with npm ls nodebb-theme-vanilla

    And install a version that is compatible with 0.6.0 or 0.6.x if you are on latest master.

    It was fully updated and still showing errors.

  • Community Rep

    @psychobunny said:

    Give us a list of what plugins are not working for you as well as your git hash? You might have accidentally upgraded to a plugin version that is post 0.6 (ex. been ready to work with 0.7x dev)

    As others in this thread has mentioned, we are working on a system that will prevent you from installing the wrong version of a plugin on your NodeBB, the problem is obviously at your current version there's no guaranteeing that just yet. We are hoping we can get that all finalized by 0.7x

    That will help a lot.

  • Community Rep

    Removed a few plugins and did the update to 0.6.1 and now nearly everything is working. Solr was returning zero results (not the error like before, actually reporting zero returned results) so we went back to DBSearch and it worked immediately. So using that for the moment.

    YouTube plugin works again. Have not had email sends tested yet, they had been working on 0.6.0 but had not been working in 0.5.x for some reason, but had in 0.4.x. I assume that that is still working.

    The Groups header is working again.

    The plugin for the single image link to show is no longer in the list of available plugins, which is too bad, but that explains why it wasn't working. Would be awesome to get that back, though, as we have hundreds of posts that used it.

    All in all we are working pretty well now, though.

  • Community Rep

    Email tested and working :)

  • Community Rep

    One thing that isn't working for us is any emoji plugin.

  • GNU/Linux Admin

    have you tried installing emoji-extended via the command line? It does not appear in the plugin list, which is a bug at the moment...

    As for Solr, have you flushed and reindexed? The latest changes bump the version from 0.4.x to 1.0.x, and the data needs to be reindexed.

Suggested Topics

| |