Who is in? Plugin
I made some changes and bug fixes to this plugin. The latest version (0.0.6) works with nodebb 0.6.0 or higher only. Here are the notable changes:
To use this plugin in a post just insert [whoisin] anywhere in a post. Here are some other examples of using the shortcode:
[whoisin title=(Will you attend this event?) iamin=(Yes I will!)] [whoisin iamin=(I'm down!)]
- One whoisin widget per post
- Ability to add and remove yourself
- Allows custom title and button name in shortcode
- Automatically subscribe user to the current topic
I hope you will find it useful.
zero last edited by
this plugin is awesome but i had some thoughts and maybe a bug
- first off, there should be an option to make it first post only
- second, say i have 100 users "in" does it show them all or stop at a certain number or once it meets the width of its container? maybe make it only list 5 people then plus some more, like this
[avatar] [avatar] [avatar] [ + 10 more people ] [ X ]
and clicking the more brings up a popover with all "in people"
there also seems to be a bug on the user profile page where if this was used in a recent post, its displayed to both logged in and non logged in users but cant be interacted with. it doesnt display avatars, just [ + I am in! ] [X]
@zero thanks for the feedback! I'll try to add the features you requested and also will see what that bug is all about.
If we add a feature like limiting the number of avatars that are displayed by default, I would rather it be customizable with a default parameter.
I likely wont have time to work on this until next weekend. If you want anything changed quickly feel free to send a PR