Most recommended database for security and stability ?

• @bentael Well, as long as the rounds are the same, they should be fine. I'm not sure if the secret in config.json has anything to do with the hashing technique or not, but you could probably take a note of it to make sure.

• Admin

Personally I'm looking forward to the dual DB setup that I think the devs mentioned at some point, because I'd like to cache some of my DB in RAM instead of all of it.

This branch which will probably be merged in 0.5.1, refactored the current dual-database system to let you choose certain keys for the secondary database to handle.

So you could have mongo as primary, and let redis handle all your notification (ex. messages:[\\S]*) and chat keys (ex. uid:\\d*:chats[\\S]*), for example. Sample config:

{
        "base_url": "http://127.0.0.1",
        "port": "4567",
        "secret": "b78f8ec9-23a4-44a0-9e2a-ae8f0ffc7526",
        "bind_address": "0.0.0.0",
        "database": "mongo",
        "secondary_database": "redis",
        "mongo": {
        },
        "secondary_db_keys": "uid:\\d*:chats[\\S]*",
        "redis": {
        },
        "bcrypt_rounds": 12,
        "upload_path": "/public/uploads",
        "use_port": false,
        "relative_path": ""
    }

• Plugin & Theme Dev

woah!
    why would you even allow different keys?

• GNU/Linux Admin

@a_5mith said:

So it's as secure as you make it. My password for Redis is 52 characters long. 👍

Passwords for NodeBB hosted instances are 512 characters long :shipit:

@luke said:

Personally I'm looking forward to the dual DB setup that I think the devs mentioned at some point, because I'd like to cache some of my DB in RAM instead of all of it.

We're actively testing and possibly going to implement some dual DB code shortly... so that may be of interest to you.

• @julian said:

@a_5mith said:

So it's as secure as you make it. My password for Redis is 52 characters long. 👍

oh come on

😆

• Admin

woah!
    why would you even allow different keys?

Definitely experimental and hidden behind an --advanced setup flag. We might actually give this a shot on a live env potentially next week, to offload notification queries from mongo onto redis

• Plugin & Theme Dev

NodeBB/NodeBB/tree/seekrit

NodeBB/tree/seekrit

tree/seekrit

seekrit

really? lol

• @julian said:

I even failed to jaw-drop properly at THIS^

• Admin

@bentael said:

really? lol

aha I missed this reply.

yeah it was more of us banging our heads together earlier last week. I decided to put more of my creativity into my code as opposed to my appropriate naming of experimental branches

• @psychobunny I know how you feel.

image.jpg

Suggested Topics

| |