NodeBB is better - Discourse is better
nit last edited by
This is definitley better I kinda like NodeBB extremley
Alright, feedback received
You know i really like to try nodebb unfortunately it doesn't have installation based on docker for easy upgrades.
Since i failed at installing nodebb via digitalocean and successfully installing discourse following the beginner docker guide -> +1 discourse
Any up-to-date tutorial for newbie non developer hobbyist to install nodebb on digitalocean?
jarey last edited by jarey
The site that holds the digitalocean step by step tutorial seems to be down, but may be temporarily since is owned by @psychobunny . I think theres docker support too for nodeb now.
Weird upvote button should be at the bottom and bigger.. what if it is a long post.
Also will be cool when i'm composing a reply,i can view the thread as well - discourse style
@Nur On desktops, you can view the thread Just click the taskbar button to minimise the composer.
rnovino last edited by rnovino
here's some small addition to what I want to see for nodebb that I liked from discourse.
- keyboard shortcut for the text editor (its faster to use keybord shortcuts)
- link clikcs number showing (this is somehow very important to if people do really show interest on my post and it also adds attraction to the post and curiousity)
- highlight quote (discourse does have this hopng to see it also here or in a plugin)
- search realtime results when typing
- image does not show in a lightbox
although I am not sure if this has already been implemnted here on nodebb via plugin or core features
so far those are the things I think missing as far as I used the discourse for a couple of months and now migrating to nodebb
I spent more time messing with Discourse, this is my impression of the two so far:
What I liked most in NodeBB so far:
- less memory usage
- faster and lighter
- option sort replies by most voted
What I like in Discourse and didn't find in NodeBB:
- wiki posts
- reply by e-mail
- got better results in search with Discourse (used mongodb dbsearch in nodebb)
- poll plugin
- the message in the end of the topic asking users to register seems to be working
- I managed to have topic thumbnails using the first image from the topic body
djensen47 last edited by djensen47
For what it's worth, I ended up going with NodeBB.
Node + MongoDB (or Redis) just makes life so much easier than Rails. The plugin system here is great. I have no regrets I think what this team has done is awesome!
So for me it's solved. NodeBB is better.
@djensen47 Thanks for the kind words, always love hearing about converts from all sorts of forum software