[nodebb-plugin-custom-pages] Custom Static pages for NodeBB

• @Scuzz said:

Is there any way to use an icon instead of just text?

Better late than never:

$('document').ready(function() {
        $( "li.policy-page>a>span" ).replaceWith( '<i class="fa fa-fw fa-gavel"></i>' );
     });

Just replace policy-page with the class of your new page, and fa-gavel with the icon you want it replaced with.

• GNU/Linux

Hmm... The plugin didn't run on NodeBB 0.5.4

Produces this error:

2014-12-08T21:40:29.074Z - error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'admin' of undefined
    at Object.plugin.init (/home/nodebb/foorum/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-custom-pages/library.js:101:43)
    at /home/nodebb/foorum/src/plugins.js:489:23
    at /home/nodebb/foorum/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:125:13
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at _each (/home/nodebb/foorum/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:46:24)
    at Object.async.each (/home/nodebb/foorum/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:124:9)
    at Object.Plugins.fireHook (/home/nodebb/foorum/src/plugins.js:487:12)
    at Plugins.reloadRoutes (/home/nodebb/foorum/src/plugins.js:135:11)
    at /home/nodebb/foorum/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:656:23
    at fn (/home/nodebb/foorum/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:641:34)
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'admin' of undefined
    at Object.plugin.init (/home/nodebb/foorum/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-custom-pages/library.js:101:43)
    at /home/nodebb/foorum/src/plugins.js:489:23
    at /home/nodebb/foorum/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:125:13
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at _each (/home/nodebb/foorum/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:46:24)
    at Object.async.each (/home/nodebb/foorum/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:124:9)
    at Object.Plugins.fireHook (/home/nodebb/foorum/src/plugins.js:487:12)
    at Plugins.reloadRoutes (/home/nodebb/foorum/src/plugins.js:135:11)
    at /home/nodebb/foorum/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:656:23
    at fn (/home/nodebb/foorum/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:641:34)
    2014-12-08T21:40:29.077Z - info: [app] Shutdown (SIGTERM/SIGINT) Initialised.
    2014-12-08T21:40:29.078Z - info: [app] Database connection closed.

• @markkus, you're running the 0.6.0 supported version of the plugin. Run the following one line at a time from your NodeBB folder.

npm rm nodebb-plugin-custom-pages
    npm i [email protected]

Then go into your Plugins in the ACP, disable the custom-pages plugin, then re-enable it. Then restart/reload your forum.

• GNU/Linux

Oh lol... Thanks!

• Anyone else having CSRF issues with this plugin on 0.6.0?

• It looks like the CSRF issue was in core, not within the plugin itself.

• Can I ask, what is a custom static page? Is it a page without the forum?

• @RazorAxis it creates new pages like /about or /welcome that allow you to add your own html to that page. So pretty much what you said, yes.

• @a_5mith, could you provide me with a site that uses this as an example so I can see how it looks. This is something I could use actually. Where is the link to the page? Same as a catagory? Thank you.

• This post is deleted!

• @Ted Worth noting that it usually only uses text, the icons are done using a Javascript tweak that you can find further up posted by me.

• @Ted Thanks! That is pretty neat you can add it there like that. You could then use that as a sign up area for premium membership, or blogs, or really anything I guess

• @RazorAxis, exactly. If you're just needing to add static content and want that integrated into the forum, it's a perfect solution. Personally, I use it to list winners of forum games. Sort of a "Hall of Fame"

• @Ted said:

@RazorAxis, exactly. If you're just needing to add static content and want that integrated into the forum, it's a perfect solution. Personally, I use it to list winners of forum games. Sort of a "Hall of Fame"

What are these forum games you soeak of? They sound like fun. I plan on running contests too. Maybe not be a bad idea to have them listed out on another page.

• @RazorAxis, my users like to pitch in a steam key or something small, and we'll have a some sort of contest or sorts, and we'll divvy up prizes.

• I'm having issues on getting this to work on v.0.7.x . I create the static page, and when I go into the widgets section to add HTML to the content, the HTML never shows. I'm able to navigate to the page I created, but it's a blank page and the HTML I placed in the content section does not appear.

Is there another way I can create a static page with just HTML? Should I just go into /public/templates and create an HTML page?

Ping @psychobunny

• Having the same problem as you @JonDoe12.
    However all the global widget appears normally on this page.

• Hi, i have same problem @JonDoe12
    Routing works fine but Nodebb doesn't see my tpl files.
    I tried to place tpl files into "/NodeBB/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-custom-pages/templates" and "/NodeBB/public/templates" but nothing happens.
    Reboot nodebb does n't helps
    👿

• Yes, same problem... Plugins doen't show any content with NodeBB v.0.7.0

• Hi ,
    i have same problem... 😭

Suggested Topics

| | |

© 2014 – 2022 NodeBB, Inc. — Made in Canada.