thanks for the solution, issue is fixed now ☺
UNSOLVED Issues with registration process
This morning I conducted a test registration to see what the user experience might be like. Note that I am using the registration queue.
I completed the test registration with a unique username and an alternate email address that I own.
- After hitting submit, I was returned to the forum's home page without any explanation or confirmation of what had transpired - quite disorienting.
- When I attempted to login before the registration was approved, the only message displayed was "Invalid login credentials"
- No email was sent to my email account until after the registration was approved.
- Throughout the process I never saw the "Average time it takes to approve a new user" even though I have selected the option in the forum settings to "Show users average time it takes to approve a new user".
- In the registration queue, the username appeared with a red X. What could that indicate?
My primary concern here is that I would feel totally in the dark about what happened to my attempt to register until the registration was eventually approved. There is no indication anywhere during the application process that I would have to wait for approval nor any indication of how long that might take.
https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/issues/9772 There was a bug that was causing the messaging to now show up when someone was added to the queue. Thanks for reporting.