• Swedes

I also tried to use the helper function notAllowed, but I get the same result. Redirects to /login but get errors in the log that data is undefined and there is no catch().

library.checkLoginStatus = async (data) => {
    	if (data.req.loggedIn ||
    		allowedUrls(data.req.url)
    	) {
    		return data;
    	}
    	return Helpers.notAllowed(data.req, data.res);
    };

• NodeBB

Maybe 'response:router.page' is better then, it won't call next if you already do a redirect in it.

https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/blob/master/src/middleware/index.js#L94-L101

• Swedes

@baris That's it. Worked like a charm. Thanks!

• Hello @baris and @magnusvhendin

I would like to update my module nodebb-plugin-private-forum that should do exactly what you are trying to archive.
    But it seems it is not working well with v1.16.2 and I need some help on the Hook declaration.

I understand that I need to use response:router.page, but how exactly?
    Is this ok for you?

plugin.json

{
      "id": "nodebb-plugin-private-forum",
      "url": "https://github.com/LM1LC3N7/nodebb-plugin-private-forum",
      "library": "./library.js",
      "hooks": [{
        "hook": "response:router.page", "method": "init"
      }]
    }

library.json

'use strict';

const plugin = {};
    var winston = module.parent.require('winston');
    const helpers = require.main.require('./src/controllers/helpers');

plugin.init = async (data) => {

const allowedPages = /\/(assets\/|login|register|reset|plugins\/).*|.*(.css|.js)$/;

winston.verbose("[plugin-nodebb-private-forum] Checking URL ("+ req.url +"), redirection.");

# Allow only few pages or logged in users
            if (data.req.loggedIn || allowedPages.test(req.url)) {
                    return data;
            }

# else redirect to /login.
            winston.verbose("[plugin-nodebb-private-forum] User is NOT logged or URL is NOT allowed.");
            return Helpers.notAllowed(data.req, data.res);
    };

module.exports = plugin;

I can't see any of the debug log messages containing accessed URL

• NodeBB

Trying logging with winston.info, verbose only shows up in dev mode or when you start with --verbose I believe.

• @baris After a rebuild, reset module and activate again, still nothing.
    I have manually changed the package.json version number but the old version still appears. An idea why? My updates are maybe never used?

• NodeBB

Maker sure your plugin is linked into node_modules. If it's not your changes won't show up.

• @baris infact I have installed the old version and I update the installed module directly (in node_modules folder).

I rebuild and restart nodebb, but the plugin version is still the old one.

Does my plugin file code looks ok to you?

• NodeBB

Javascript comments start with // or /* comment */. During startup if there is an error in a plugin it is not loaded. Check the startup messages.

• @baris My god, it's not good to work with bash and javascript at the same time (thank you btw) 😇

My "old" code is still working well without depreciation warning, thanks for your answers 🙂

Suggested Topics

| |