Installation help

• Hello everyone.

I've followed the steps on the docs up until the part where I use the npm install command. Whenever I use that command, I'm greeted with the following errors:

npm install
    loadDevDep:smtp-server →  ▌ ╢█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░╟
    loadDevDep:smtp-server →  ▐ ╢█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░╟
    npm WARN deprecated core-js@2.6.11: core-js@<3 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js@3.
    npm WARN deprecated mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
    npm ERR! Linux 4.15.0-1057-aws
    npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "install"
    npm ERR! node v8.10.0
    npm ERR! npm  v3.5.2
    npm ERR! code EMISSINGARG

npm ERR! typeerror Error: Missing required argument #1
    npm ERR! typeerror     at andLogAndFinish (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:31:3)
    npm ERR! typeerror     at fetchPackageMetadata (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:51:22)
    npm ERR! typeerror     at resolveWithNewModule (/usr/share/npm/lib/install/deps.js:456:12)
    npm ERR! typeerror     at /usr/share/npm/lib/install/deps.js:457:7
    npm ERR! typeerror     at /usr/share/npm/node_modules/iferr/index.js:13:50
    npm ERR! typeerror     at /usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:37:12
    npm ERR! typeerror     at addRequestedAndFinish (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:82:5)
    npm ERR! typeerror     at returnAndAddMetadata (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:117:7)
    npm ERR! typeerror     at pickVersionFromRegistryDocument (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:134:20)
    npm ERR! typeerror     at /usr/share/npm/node_modules/iferr/index.js:13:50
    npm ERR! typeerror This is an error with npm itself. Please report this error at:
    npm ERR! typeerror     <http://github.com/npm/npm/issues>

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
    npm ERR!     /home/ubuntu/nodebb/npm-debug.log

If anyone is able to help me out, that'd be amazing!

• Global Moderator

which guide are you following?

Suggested Topics

| |