invisible status does not work

Bug Reports
  • Although I set status "invisible", even when I enter forum incognito (as a guest) I can see my name and avatar on "Online Users" Box...

The same is correct for other invisible users, what I see as admin is the same as what I see as a guest....

But, when I click on avatar, it shows me as "offline" although avatar can be seen in "Online Users" Box...

Suggested Topics

• IP ban is not working anymore

Bug Reports
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    1k Views

You just create an account at github.com then you can post issues directly at our github issues page.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views

@andreas-pcw can you look in the log for errors?

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views

Thanks @MJ, Thanks @PitaJ

both hints helped. My nodebb did not load pages like themes/skins properly, so I tried to get websockets to work. I bypassed my shared hoster env by using an self compiled nginx on a non-privileged port and ssh tunnel (to prevent firefall changes) on that system, and that way I got websockets. Now I was able to load the theme page and so I switched to another theme, restarted and switched back to my current theme. Afterwards I stopped my temporary nginx-ws-tunnel-solution and the mobile page works for me now.

Next step: Find a solution for a permanently working websocket setup on my hosters systems.

thanks!

• 0 Votes
    13 Posts
    3k Views

@julian thanks for the hint- yes i resize it show up. but i still notice some issue - after i click one category from the category picker window, the chose category didn't show in the parent category field. after i refresh the page, it then show up. but not a big issue.

i have a suggestion --- instead of using a popup menu window for a list of all categories, maybe just use a auto-complete text box to allow user to type in the category name.... this will be much simple when we have many categories (i.e more than 30....).

Thanks.

• 0 Votes
    20 Posts
    5k Views

I have got the same problem as @Tanner. I'm running the version 0.5.2, disabled all plugins, restarted nodebb and cleared cache.

I even tried a git reset --hard HEAD, but not all "save" buttons works in the ACP. It seems to actually works in core options and some plugins, but not in many plugins settings like Facebook SSO, Steam SSO, Twitter SSO, Blog Comments.

Any idea what could cause this?