New Project.jpg

Desktop
    New Project (1).jpg

from

Mobile Device
    New Project (3).jpg
    Desktop
    New Project (2).jpg

From last site desktop is better than mobile than from browser.

I did a bit better performance with a simple vuejs forum, but very good performance for a complex forum like this.

from last checks

desktop: First Contentful Paint: 0,5 s
    mobile: First Contentful Paint : 1,8 s

tenor.gif

• Community Rep

From a performance perspective, NodeBB is mind blowing. Everyone coming to our forum is always commenting on how screaming fast it is.

• GNU/Linux Admin

Thanks for the kind words @NoduleJS @scottalanmiller ... We always try to keep NodeBB fast, and a lot of what @baris does day to day is doing the unpopular grunt work that makes NodeBB faster and faster, so if there is someone to applaud I think it would be him! 😁

The fun (/s) part about pagespeed and other similar services is that the goalposts are constantly moving, so it pushes us to make the product better and better as expectations rise.

I will admit many sites just embrace the fact that a js heavy site is going to be a slow one. It does make it easier to stand out when your competitors don't try 😅

• Gamers

It's funny to me that the biggest performance hit to the main page of my NodeBB instance isn't JS, but images 😄 There are a lot of categories with image as an icon there with their number increasing with time and I don't think all images are correctly resized and optimized, so I'll have to start doing it automatically...

So yeah, it's an example of how being JS heavy doesn't make a website slow - it's only bad code that makes a website slow 🙂

• Awesome!

• Community Rep

@julian said in Audit performance:

It does make it easier to stand out when your competitors don't try

Haha, often the case.

Suggested Topics

| |