First, I would like to thank all contributors to NodeBB, we love it. Since %80 of our users were using their mobile phones to reach us, we have switched from vbulletin to nodebb, and we are very happy about this.
I have a request but I am not sure if it is possible to do, since the idea came up more than several times in our forum, I wanted to carry the suggestion here.
We have a very friendly forum but sometimes some users are complaining that it is very addictive and they are spending too much time on the forum doing chit-chat etc. and ask for a feature of temporary account freeze (for a few weeks or a few months), we think this might be also useful option for students in their midterm or final exam times as well...
We have "delete your account" feature on, but of course we do not want them to delete their account for this purpose, later they will come back. We do not want to ban them temporarily since this is voluntary and there will be "banned" tag on them as if they did something wrong.
- to have an option where they can pick the time window their account is frozen.
(it could be fixed options such as several weeks to several months)
- a tag on their name or some indicator where it says "away until X time"
(but they profile pictures or profiles will be still accessible )
- their entrance to forum will be blocked while account is frozen
(no change of plan, but maybe admins can reverse this option in case)
- they cannot be tagged (if possible) or get any chat from anyone while their account is frozen
- no email digest or any notification until their account is on again
- and lastly a reminder email when their account is still on
and when they enter the forum, they would like to continue where they left off.
I hope it is possible.