Microblog

• Hello, everyone. I wanted to show you the concept art of microblog. It would enhance the effectiveness of nodebb.

What is microblog ?

A microblog is a type of blog in which users can post small pieces of digital content like pictures, video or audio on the Internet. These posts, called microposts, are immediately available to a small community or public. It differs from a blog due to its smaller content. Micoblogging is highly popular among users due to its portability and immediacy.

You should add a microblog in future releases, the popularity of the site will grow then and the community will become more diverse.

• Very cool. ūüėé

I don' want to say it strikes me like a personal twitter - but there I've said it, it look a lot like a personal twitter that is not a criticism but surely that is what twitter has kind gf become in it's use and user behaviour/engagement, is essentially what makes a site or platform really what it is.

If it's not a mock up and is actually a screen share of a live site, do share a link if possible! +1:

• It looks interesting, I'm sure there would be bloggers who would like to write their own blogs.

• This would be so awesome ūüôā

• Community Rep

@omega said in Microblog:

I don' want to say it strikes me like a personal twitter

Twitter invested microblogging. Any non-twitter micro blog will seem like a person Twitter because... well, that's what a microblog would be.

• Community Rep

NodeBB really has microblogging already, and macroblogging. The only thing missing is a way to limit people to however few characters you want to enforce, but that would be pretty easy.

I have a feeling that a lot more is wanted, but what we have today is microblogging ready for sure. And in fact, MangoLassi has a standard microblog thread on it that is used just like twitter and has been for five years. We have a few, in fact. Check out these microblog threads (no char limit enforcement other than culture)...

These are "topical" microblogs.

• Hi, thanks for the answer. It is more about the structure of the microblog's appearance. In my concept I presented a different approach to writing blogs and comments. Viewing and writing comments or blogs is much faster, the user does not have to enter the topics to see the content and also sorting content is much easier.

• Community Rep

@kikii said in Microblog:

Hi, thanks for the answer. It is more about the structure of the microblog's appearance. In my concept I presented a different approach to writing blogs and comments. Viewing and writing comments or blogs is much faster, the user does not have to enter the topics to see the content and also sorting content is much easier.

Yes, but they would have to enter their microblog interface itself, which would just be a "topic". I agree, some "views" in a more microblogging way could be handy. But it can't be less effort for the writer.

Suggested Topics

| |