Automatic Upgrade? Docker..

• Having some issues with NodeBB and Docker, I should be able to start NodeBB up have it connect and start up without issues but if NodeBB has plugins that need upgrading they require a prompt, can we not get "Auto Upgrade" without a prompt or can you explain a way in which I can make this more automated.. currently NodeBB cannot just start up if its linked to a database with plugins that need updating..

I have attempted this fix in the GitHub issue but I am still having problems..

Reference: https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/issues/6417

Updating NodeBB...

1. Updating package.json file with defaults...  OK

2. Bringing base dependencies up to date...  started
    npm WARN ajv-keywords@2.1.1 requires a peer of ajv@^5.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

up to date in 3.101s

3. Checking installed plugins for updates...  OK

A total of 1 package(s) can be upgraded:

* nodebb-plugin-cppnet-markdown (0.4.1 -> 0.5.1)

Also I have already had to adapt the start scripts have it reset the theme from the one that I have saved on first launch due to errors like this..

if [ -f /opt/nodebb/config.json ]; then
        ./nodebb reset -t
        ./nodebb upgrade -sb && \
        yes
    fi

Thanks!

poVoq created this issue in NodeBB/NodeBB

open Upgrading with Docker? #6417

• Fixed with:

yes | ./nodebb upgrade

Using ubuntu's built in yes command you can force it to answer yes to a particular command, so I edited the start.sh script and forced it to answer yes to anything with prompts, would be great for this to be added to the official scripts if possible!

Suggested Topics

| |