@PitaJ Worked, thanks 🙂 For some reason I had the idea cd wouldn't work there
Windows 10 Installation Guide/Help
Is there an updated installation guide for Windows 10? Some of the links in the windows 8 version are outdated (they are dead links) and after installing Redis there isn't a \startRedisServer.cmd file in the folder, so I'm guessing that updated too?
I tried to follow the instructions regardless and I hit a roadbump with interactive setup where 'cannot find module 'nconf' ' shows up, but I'm guessing that may be a product of a screwup earlier?
- Download and install Node.js LTS
- Download and install Git for Windows, and make sure the git executables are in your path
- Download and install MongoDB for Windows, and make sure the mongo executables are in your path (redis for Windows is difficult to get working)
- Follow the configuration instructions for MongoDB here (Yes, they're in the Ubuntu install docs, but don't worry. All of the same commands work in Windows)
- Enter the directory which you want to install NodeBB in, and open a command prompt or powershell window there
git clone -b v1.8.x https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB.git
./nodebb setup, and follow the instructions
Then you should be able to start NodeBB with