Oh yes 🙂 👍
Well, I need to see how to create a widget area.
Every plugin I try appears to be broken
First I tried a poll plugin. It was old and broken. Oh well.
Next, I need to make an SSO login plugin. First I wanted to look at how others do it and hook into and override the login as a starting off point.
First I tried nodebb-plugin-ns-login, as it seemed closest to what I was looking for. And it was last updated 4 months ago, so seems current enough.
I check the login page, and it's the same nodebb login.
So next I try nodebb-plugin-sso-wordpress, one by a nodebb founder. Same thing.
I've made sure they're set as active.
I've rebuilt and reloaded multiple times.
I tried removing the slick theme and using the starting "Persona" theme, thinking that might be the problem.
You’re gonna have to give a little more information here... what version of Nodebb? Do you have any log output that indicated something was broken?
I'm using 1.7.5. The only thing was a warning
warn: [plugins/load] The following plugins may not be compatible with your version of NodeBB. This may cause unintended behaviour or crashing. In the event of an unresponsive NodeBB caused by this plugin, run
./nodebb reset -p PLUGINNAMEto disable it.
But it turns out I do see the configuration in the admin panel for the "wordpress SSO" a day later.
I had caching disabled with cloudflare, so I'm not sure what the deal was/is there. But I guess it works now.
I do get a ton of errors on the client in the console like
"Error: Script error for "mousetrap", needed by: forum/chats" despite having the chat disabled, which is odd. But I guess it kind of works now for some unknown reason.
It sounds like when you activate or deactivate a plugin, you're not running
./nodebb buildafterwards, and then restarting. There's also the "Rebuild and Restart" button in the ACP Dashboard to help with this.
I was using "build & restart". I've done that many times since deactivating the chat. Now though, it's not showing that error about the chat either.
I first disabled the chat immediately after installing it over a week ago. I've done the rebuild and reload more than a dozen times since then. So that's really weird. I didn't see the icon for it after disabling it, but I was getting those errors in the browser console.
Only thing I can think is that most of the "rebuild & reload" where clicking the notification in the bottom left that said to do so rather than from the main dashboard page.