Skip to content

General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • Expressjs have made a few changes.

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    julianJ

I don't want to express (ha, get it) too strong of an opinion here, but I personally feel that the way the old express core team handled the Strongloop buyout was unnecessarily negative. It seems Strongloop is doing very much to make express even better, so I am all for it.

It reminds me of when Stripe assumed control (with the author's permission, of course) of the stripe-node library. Within a week, every single issue had been closed, and the documentation consolidated into stripe.com.

• 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    macbroadcastM

killed my #ghost 😡

• Favorite post looks confusing to me

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    P

Ah also, apparently I do have the most rep. Damn, I'm feeling the love ❤

• How to publish nodebb plugin?

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    P

haha, that thing broke a while ago, now I just update it every time we do a minor release. should look into it when I get the time

• Plugin button doesn't show plugin page

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    PitaJP

git rev-parse HEAD returns aa116e6b4d2f42731729db01f28875494988a684

I've looked through the Chrome dev console in the network section and it seems that ajaxify is receiving 304: Not modified responses, and gets stuck on opacity:0. A very weird functionality. All of the elements are loaded in, but they are all invisible. Very odd.

There is an Uncaught Error: Mismatched anonymous define() module error that occurs on page load in ajaxify.

Okay, I guess never mind. One of the external sources I was including was causing the problem. I removed the define call and now it's working.

• Looking for a Xenforo alternative

0 Votes
    23 Posts
    13k Views
    meetdilipM

Hello @RoldanLT , nice to see you here 👍

• 0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    mootzvilleM

@Julien-Deloubes This is just a guess about your situation based on my own initial setup of nodebb, but you may be having issues because of linux privileges (i.e. some stuff is done with sudo and some stuff isn't). So, try this and see if it helps:

Go to the directory where your nodebb is installed and run sudo npm install Next type sudo chown -R youruser:youruser . <-- youruser is your username... Run ./nodebb setup Run ./nodebb dev and post any errors or warnings you get here...

To summarize, you'll npm install with sudo because sometimes things need to rebuild which may call out to folders/files requiring su privileges. Then, you change ownership of your entire nodebb installation directory to your username to avoid privilege issues when running ./nodebb. You re-run setup to ensure things are built properly and where they need to be. Finally, ./nodebb dev will give you some useful output as nodebb loads and if you are having routing issues it will probably log those to the console as well. So, run it that way click around, type things and do stuff to see what happens and if you are getting errors/warnings post it here.

Having said all that, I may be completely wrong, but it only takes a minute or two to try out and definitely won't mess things up. Just don't set your port to anything low (i.e.port 80) or you'll have issues because linux reserves the lower port numbers for su privileged users. Basically, stick to port 4567.

Good luck!

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    A

@psychobunny said:

Haha woops. Didn't see it XD

I'll let you off. 🙂

• 6 Votes
    17 Posts
    7k Views
    BaerrusB

voted. nodeBB is the next generation of forum SW.

No PHP scalable NoSQL backend JavaScript

This is a no brainer!

• How to embed an HTML code in composer ?

0 Votes
    37 Posts
    13k Views
    A

Right @meetdilip

Follow the instructions I gave earlier to do another git pull, I've made some changes, to specify a height add #600 or any number in pixels to the end of your link. You only need the height, width is auto 100%.

NodeBB_-_2014-10-03_03.58.00.png

• Hey guys!

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    meetdilipM

hi, Welcome to NodeBB 👍

• upgrade from 0.5.0 to 0.5.1

0 Votes
    35 Posts
    13k Views
    Hưng Thành NguyễnH

@julian never mind, I have figured out that another plugin make it unable to load.
    nodebb-plugin-cards
    So we have 2 plugin which not compatible with new version
    nodebb-plugin-cards
    nodebb-plugin-cash
    I will make a topic to inform this

• Shellshock - Remote code execution via Bash

0 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    julianJ

@Scuzz If you have LTS, then you're fine, but 13.10 only had 9 months' of support, which ended in July. Unfortunate for us, the majority of our servers were 13.10 😦

They're all running 14.04 now, and won't change for awhile yet.

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    5 Posts
  • Running NodeBB in clusters

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    mootzvilleM

I'm impressed...thanks fellas

• NodeBB Versioning System

1 Votes
    9 Posts
    255k Views
    S

@psychobunny yeah I really ought to schedule some time to fix all my plugins 😛 And then some more time to work on plugin contest entries... Not enough hours in a day 😉

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    S

Thanks, @julian. I just finished the hardware migration of these VMs and I want to move them to a more stable hypervisor/host than my former Windows 7 desktop with VMWare workstation, so this is timely advice.

• How to include external script?

0 Votes
    23 Posts
    7k Views
    PitaJP

@julian I wasn't getting any errors when using the scripts property from the plugin.json. They simply weren't included on any of the admin pages.

• 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    A

@Ted said:

@a_5mith, it used to do something, right? 😛

Yeah it used to list all the plugins in npm and (I think) allow you to install them. But this was added to core a fair few versions back. Around 0.3 or 0.4. I hope that's the plugin I'm thinking of.

• 1 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    julianJ

Hah wow, that chat is something alright...